ive been listning to some Daft Punk lately and it got me into talkbox (even though i think they use a vocoder, whats the difference?) and i made a crappy talkbox outta stuff i had around the house, but it dosnt work very well so im looking to buy one and need some help.
Ive heard some bad things about the Danelectro taxbox they make, but i really like how they do it, the tube has a mic and plugs into the pedal so it just runs inline with all the other pedals. and ive heard good things about the heli, but i dont really want to have a seperate mic and amp. So, are there alternitives to the Danelctro and Heli, (budget is $200) Does anyone have any experiance with either the Dan or the Heli, if so lemme know how you like it.

any help is apperciated.
I just bought a rocktron banshee about a week ago, it is ALOT harder to use than it looks, and i'm not sure how you're supposed to get the talkbox sound through an amp, seeing as even if i connect the output to the amp, when i turn on the box, the sound comes out of the tube,and when i turn it off, normal sound comes from the amp.
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
basically there are three different models. free speech, banshee and i totally forgot the other. but basically all it is is sound being pushed from a small speaker through a tube, so you can easily make one of your own using a speaker of your choice by looking up spme specs for them
Quote by bluezombie
I just bought a rocktron banshee about a week ago, it is ALOT harder to use than it looks, and i'm not sure how you're supposed to get the talkbox sound through an amp, seeing as even if i connect the output to the amp, when i turn on the box, the sound comes out of the tube,and when i turn it off, normal sound comes from the amp.

You're supposed to use a microphone and have your sound come out of the PA.
Quote by bluezombie

with the banshee you dont, you have to have an external mic, free speech can be run without one
Quote by bluezombie

ha, i know how to use them, mine just dosnt work well enough,
on most (i believe most) you plug the guitar into it, then put the tube in your mouth, and you have a mic infront of you, sound goes up the tube into your mouth then into the mic, and the mic goes into the amp. thats why i like how the danelectro was setup, it ran back into the pedal, no need for a mic.

you wouldnt be interested in selling that would you?
Quote by Dauntless
basically there are three different models. free speech, banshee and i totally forgot the other. but basically all it is is sound being pushed from a small speaker through a tube, so you can easily make one of your own using a speaker of your choice by looking up spme specs for them

i just said i made my own, but its really hard to soundproof what your using enough to not have to turn the amp up so the mic picks it up and such, im just going to buy one rather than bother with all that again