Interesting film. Anybody see it? I know it's huge in Russia (where it was made), and gaining popularity in other countries, but I don't think many people in the US have seen it. Shame, because it's so unique. And we rarely get any Russian movies imported, so I have no idea what the films are like over there. Anyway, I'm waiting for Day Watch to come out on DVD... October 30th, I believe (Amazon.com).

And I know what everyone says about a movie based on a book, "the book is better." whatever, I don't know where to find an English version of the book. And even if I did come across it, I'm not much of a reader.

So if you have seen Night Watch, share your thoughts.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
yea dude i saw night watch, it was super crazy, way better than nething the states has put out in that genre in years. hopin day watch is just as good
i had no idea there was a book ill have to keep an eye out
You are now blinking manually
Yeah I own it, I didn't think it was fantastic though, it was kind of lacklustre.
Metal Head

One Day, We'll All Go Into The Water.
Go, Into The Water, Live There, Die There.

Gear
Squier Stratocaster
Jackson Pro Series Kelly
Jackson Dinky Sustaniac
Roland Cube 60
Peavey Triple XXX Stack
I really want to see it. I work at Blockbuster and we only have one copy and it's always out whenever i'm working. If I ever see it thats mine.
well, id hardly consider this to be the best movie ive ever seen. im just eager to see the next one. its a good movie, not great. i still consider it worth discussing because, like i said, we dont get many russian imports in the US, so i have no idea what films are like over there.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

They recently released the books in English, I've got all 3 of em.

Great read, too.
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
Yeah, I saw it a while back. It's alright. I'm not really a fan of CGI vampire films.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
yh watched it ages ago. really cool film, good music too. i think we need to see more films from different countries rather than just American and English film IMO.
Quote by bearded_monkey
Oh man thats amazing, you win midi pure. I don't care whether it's a competition or not

Quote by halvies

could have been 3 's but there wasn't nearly enough exclamation marks to emphasize the anger/disbelief

oh yeah
Quote by midi pure
yh watched it ages ago. really cool film, good music too. i think we need to see more films from different countries rather than just American and English film IMO.

No, we don't; those films need to stay out of the mainstream. There's plenty of foreign (and fantastic) cinema out there, you just have to look for it.

English and American cinema has nothing on French cinema.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by Smokey Amp
No, we don't; those films need to stay out of the mainstream. There's plenty of foreign (and fantastic) cinema out there, you just have to look for it.

English and American cinema has nothing on French cinema.

where can i get decent films? all i got is Film4 lol!
Quote by bearded_monkey
Oh man thats amazing, you win midi pure. I don't care whether it's a competition or not

Quote by halvies

could have been 3 's but there wasn't nearly enough exclamation marks to emphasize the anger/disbelief

oh yeah
It was ok - I thought Day Watch was already out though?

Oh, and I did think the book was better.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
At least it breaks the stereotype of Russia being an underdevelopped country with no CGI in their films and polar bears roaming the streets.

We now know that russia is an underdevelopped country with reasonable CGI effects in their films and vampires roaming the streets. And a guy who pulls out his own spine and uses it as a sword.
Quote by sashki
At least it breaks the stereotype of Russia being an underdevelopped country with no CGI in their films and polar bears roaming the streets.

We now know that russia is an underdevelopped country with reasonable CGI effects in their films and vampires roaming the streets. And a guy who pulls out his own spine and uses it as a sword.

very frustrated guitar player

член в русской группе UG! PM Vindiction to join!

And the worst comeback in the history of UG is:
Quote by ketchup_cum
your moms an is

Quote by sashki
I assume you're also russian, so you'd understand.

indeed, I am
very frustrated guitar player

член в русской группе UG! PM Vindiction to join!

And the worst comeback in the history of UG is:
Quote by ketchup_cum
your moms an is

I thought it was a excelent film and im really looking forward to Daywatch coming out
Quote by hollow1928years
I really want to see it. I work at Blockbuster and we only have one copy and it's always out whenever i'm working. If I ever see it thats mine.

They play it regularly on Film4. Keep an eye out for it.

I love Night Watch
Our hearts are with Nick Grundy.
Quote by Ez0ph
I think AvengedThrice is pretty cool guy, eh raeps kittens to death and doesn't afraid of anything.

He knows me well..
i saw Day Watch the other night... i thought it was pretty cool. just about as good as Night Watch. anyone else see it?
Quote by Article

I loved Night Watch. Best film out of Russia which used fancy special effects.

I saw Day watch about two years ago in Russia, and I tell you. It is AMAZING!!!

Can't wait for Twilight Watch!!

I've also read all four books. Definitely a good read.
Last edited by Saintsatan at Oct 19, 2007,
Quote by i am iron man
Never even heard of it.

Night Watch:
http://www.foxsearchlight.com/nwnd/

Day Watch:
http://www.foxsearchlight.com/daywatch/
Quote by Article

Ive seen night watch and day watch. Very good films. However i did'nt like the ending of day watch that much. Still great film. Also, the third is not called dusk watch its called twilight watch.
have they started filming Twilight Watch yet?
Quote by Article

i just saw a trailer for a movie called "Wanted" and i thought it looked interesting. reason i'd bring it up on this thread is because of the movies director, Timur Bekmambetov. the director of the Night Watch trilogy.

here's the site http://www.wantedmovie.com/ , watch the trailer and tell me what you think.
Quote by Article

I loved nightwatch and daywatch. Got both on dvd. Konstantin Khabensky and Galina Tyunina are both fantastic actors. I dont think twighlight watch has been started yet but I've heard rumours it is going to be filmed in america, with american actors and that kindof puts me off the film.
“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your f*ckin' mouth.” RIP
Http://www.Smash-it-up.tk
Cool movie, but i prefer the book though.
For a real pervert, any exit can be an entrance.
Quote by sTx
Awesome post, dude.

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio Goth
Peavey Valveking 112
My metal band, Nilfgaard
pretty badass movie, it didnt make much sense to me...

but they had reverse vampires! you could only see them in mirrors!
I have no opinion on this matter.
Night Watch was pretty good.

I liked Day Watch a little bit less because the version I saw was dubbed and didn't think they'd dubbed it particularly well.

They're strange films because very little actually happens in them.
Saw Night Watch; but haven't seen Day Watch.

I saw a few trailers about it, and expected it to be epic; but upon seeing it it was rather boring and extremely confusing.

It had a few good action scenes and some good overall film-making; it just didn't make much sense and didn't draw me in.
I tried to watch it once, found it extremely confusing and quit after about twenty minutes.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
it's not confusing at all... unless...you did remember to put the subtitles on right?

I've read the first book and to be honest it is the only time its ever happened to me but I actually preferred the films. The books are too...magical.
“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your f*ckin' mouth.” RIP
Http://www.Smash-it-up.tk
It was alright. Not as good as I thought it might be. The ending is also wank. I spent the whole time thinking "come on man, how easy is it to explain that?" instead he fumbles around on his knees.

And what was with the bad guy practising on the PS2?

Still want to see Day Watch though.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by damn-right!
I loved nightwatch and daywatch. Got both on dvd. Konstantin Khabensky and Galina Tyunina are both fantastic actors. I dont think twighlight watch has been started yet but I've heard rumours it is going to be filmed in america, with american actors and that kindof puts me off the film.

Might be filmed in America... or just internationally. That's all I know for sure.

Quote by freedoms_stain
Night Watch was pretty good.

I liked Day Watch a little bit less because the version I saw was dubbed and didn't think they'd dubbed it particularly well.

They're strange films because very little actually happens in them.

Yeah, I didn't think much of the dubbing this time around. It wasn't as good as Night Watch.
Quote by Article

Ah man, Day Watch is dubbed? I fucking hate dubbing. It totally ruins films.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
^Not with Night Watch. The dubbing was very well done. This time around with Day Watch... not so much.
Quote by Article

seen it in Russian, amazing
Bторой член в"Русскoй группe."PM Vindication to join
Quote by psychedelic420
I think Tiksi settled the matters. haha great job!

Quote by happytimeharry
The power of Christ compels me...

to touch myself.

Deputy Leader, Secretary General, UG Ambassador USA