I pretty much know nothing about this general except its extremly popular i think some rise agianst songs may borderline hardcore but im not really sure.

What are the most popular most authentic bands? Im interested in listening? reccommendations please
Bury Your Dead
Throwdown
Hatebreed
The Acacia Strain
Terror (Popular, but I don't like them)
Norma Jean
Bleeding Through (Kind'a hardcore, kind'a metalcore)
Despised Icon (One vocalist does death metal vocals, the other does hardcore)

Those are some sweet ones. There are alot more, but yeah. If you want more let me know
I'm thinking that Rise Against might have a bit more in common with post-hardcore?

dunno..
I r Pirate!
All I can recommend at the moment is I Killed The Prom Queen, when Ed Butcher was the vocalist.

To examine the tone of the sphincter? What the hell is it, a tuning fork?
Parkway Drive!!!!!!!
Quote by Ed Hunter
Kick your brother in his penis adorned head.
Quote by joelfaessler
Bury Your Dead
Throwdown
Hatebreed
The Acacia Strain
Terror (Popular, but I don't like them)
Norma Jean
Bleeding Through (Kind'a hardcore, kind'a metalcore)
Despised Icon (One vocalist does death metal vocals, the other does hardcore)

Those are some sweet ones. There are alot more, but yeah. If you want more let me know

this is all metalcore, death metal.

look at cassy jones, H20, walls of jerioco, minor threat (duh, lol) evergreen tarace, bane. ill think of more later, sorry for the typos.
Last edited by burn the stars at Sep 17, 2007,
Ed butchers album with them 'music for the recently deceased' was great, but also get into there older stuff when crafter was vocalist, he has a really unique voice,all good stuff
*Spec. Edition Lite Ash Fender Telecaster
*Peavey 6506
*Marshall 1960A Vintage
*Maton EA80C
*Original Jim Dunlop Cry baby
Skip the scene/metal bands and start with some old school hardcore.

Black Flag, Minor Threat and Bad Brains.

Then on to new school stuff, Shai Hulud, Bane and Madball.

Then on to some metalcore, Converge, Botch and Earth Crisis.

Then head to the Rec. thread, it's not just there for ep1c l0lz.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Last edited by STABxYOU at Sep 17, 2007,
how the hell did i forget shai hulud and mad ball, wouldnt you consider earth crisis hardcore? i mean they started around 92 as a vegan edge band.
Quote by burn the stars
this is all metalcore, death metal.

look at cassy jones, H20, walls of jerioco, minor threat (duh, lol) evergreen tarace, bane. ill think of more later, sorry for the typos.

None of those bands that guys listed are Death Metal.

And besides StabxYou, who are all of you guys?
Their noob forum lurkers who only come out after dark? or at least when there's some noob question they can answer.

Anywow dont listen to anyone in this thread so far except me, Waldorf and Stab You. Go look up the hardcore rec sticky thread at the top of the forum page. After listening to those bands, decide what you really like ex. hardcore, metalcore, deathcore, etc. then come back and ask for something more specific
Quote by werty22
They're not talking about hardcore punk, they're talking about "hardcore." It has little in common with its roots in the '80s.

Quote by recklessnick
when i ask questions. people reply with a stupid green smiley face sign

Heres lookin to you