My first question is about the locations of cookies on your system (I'm using Windows XP.) I'm asking because I'm developing a website and trying to use cookies to transfer information between pages. I've looked in the Temporary Internet Files directory, as well as the Cookies directory (all of them for different/default users). I'm trying to A) look at the cookies to see what they contain and B) clear them so I can start with a fresh slate. Firefox is still finding a cookie somewhere.

Which leads to my next question. While looking around in my Temporary Internet Files directory, I noticed I have a shitload of files named something like gateway.dll?Action=poll&SessionID=<some long number>. There's about three for every minute since I last cleared the Temporary Internet Files directory. Anybody know where they are coming from and if it's bad for my computer? I'm doing a virus scan right now.

Any smartass answers will be reported.
METAR KTIK 040043Z COR RMK TORNADO 1W MOV NE. EVACUATING STATION
Damn it.. I wanted to talk about chocolate chips and what not.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
^Yeah, sorry, wrong cookies.
METAR KTIK 040043Z COR RMK TORNADO 1W MOV NE. EVACUATING STATION
I don't think they are bad for your computer. They might be session log files, if your browser is keeping them there.

And for the matter of cookies, wikipedia seems to have enough information on how to implement one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie