I saw the Telecaster Alliance thread and decided to make this.

The Explorer, one of the greatest shapes in guitar history, with wielders like Claudio Sanchez, Al Pitrelli, James Hetfield, Allen Collins, and many more.

Talk about your explorer, and your love for everything explorer shaped. Whether it be an actual explorer, or a Kelly, it still owns.

Post pics too, I wanna see some of these.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
I plan on getting a kelly soon, but i was wondering, are they hard to play notes high up at like the 19th fret? because the body looks like its hard to play up there
Hello
I owned a Epi goth explorer with OFR and EMGs for a few weeks. It was a really good guitar, the action was soo low and the neck was just right but I couldn't palm mute properly on the FR and I never use a trem anyway so I sold it for a bit of profit.

Still was a great guitar, one of the few I regret selling. I wouldn't mind having it back now to **** around with the trem a bit but at the time making some money was more appealing.

I think I'd prefer a Firebird to an explorer these days though. I dunno why they just seem a bit more tame without the pointy edges.
I was thinking about getting an ESP EX-400, but the upper fret access looks like it might cause problems. Can someone who has played/owned one help me out here?
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
Quote by Colgate Total
I saw the Telecaster Alliance thread and decided to make this.

The Explorer, one of the greatest shapes in guitar history, with wielders like Claudio Sanchez, Al Pitrelli, James Hetfield, Allen Collins, and many more.

Talk about your explorer, and your love for everything explorer shaped. Whether it be an actual explorer, or a Kelly, it still owns.

Post pics too, I wanna see some of these.

you forgot The Edge in that list! he is a highly respected explorer player
Quote by Firewind Raging
I was thinking about getting an ESP EX-400, but the upper fret access looks like it might cause problems. Can someone who has played/owned one help me out here?

I have an FX400, which is the same body shape and upper fret access is fine although as I mostly play rhythm I'm wouldn't be quite so picky. In any case the ESP/LTD EX and FXs are gorgeous looking and play and sound wonderfully.
I've got a cheap ass Jackson Kelly and it plays just fine, I really like it. It's not the best guitar in the world but it's good enough for me at the moment.

Explorers rule, I'm getting an ESP EX-400 methinks... but I really want one of the ESP Explorers from before the lawsuit with Gibson, they just ****in own.
I very much like the explorer shape as well! I was thinking of getting a KE3 Kelly but the tremolo and high acces frets (because of the bad bolt on joint) aren't that good. So can you advice me a guitar with this shape something of the quality of an ibanez RG1570??? Thanks
I have a Slammer by Hamer Explorer =], sounds very chunky , the weight is like 2 les pauls lmao, but yeh its a great guitar, nice neck too, enjoy playing it standing up =]
My Gear:
Ibanez RG550M Dimarzio TZ + Paf Pro
Ibanez RG550R Dimarzio TZ in Bridge
Ibanez TS9>Vox AD50VT.

Quote by JackalUK
If you fap at 2 million faps per second you can go back in time
id like one of the ESP explorers
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
I'm blocking out the ideas for my custom explorer right now. Once i get access to the tools, I'll use these as a way to finalize ideas before putting them down in the wood.

Not done yet, but check it out if you guys want. Gonna be a 7 string with a trans finish. Neck through and inspired by hetfields. And its supposed to be a baritone too cus I want it to be f'in huge. If you guys wanna comment or crit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFmLyRoPopg
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350