Page 1 of 3
What is a good thing to say to those annoying people that come up to you in public and at your house and ask you about god?

I asked one if Drugs are from heaven or hell and She just ignored me
Punks not Dead it's Just Sleeping

Let's Play Some Tetris MotheR FuckeR
You know, I used to hate that business too, but after spending some time in a thread here on UG about Jehovah's Witnesses I realized that even though some of those who had come to my door were rude and didn't deserve my time, there are those who have really good intentions and just want to tell you about what they believe in...if you don't agree, they leave and do so politely. I mean, I know this can seem a bit disrespectful, but honestly, after talking to users like Mathology I think that's his username) I have a more open approach with it.

I am NOT saying that I can't see where you are coming from though man.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Not interested.
Quote by raise_the_dead
I wouldnt be surprised if the first thing Varg did was sign up for WoW so he could kick some Judeo-Christian ass.

Final Fantasy

Cid Highwind of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
I usually roll my eyes up in my head and start talking backwars saying like "Hail Satan! BURN BURN BURN" and stuff.
There ain't no moral to this story at all. Anything I tell you very well could be a lie.
Ask why God is so self-obsessed and wants everyone to worship him?

Or tell them to **** off because you're in the middle of summoning Satan.

Or just tell them to go away.
Last edited by Mud Martian at Sep 17, 2007,
When ever I find myself in a situation with a religious person, I usualy respect their beliefs, as they normaly do mine, and not act like a complete asshole...
Just yell something random like "REMEMBER THE FOURTIES!?" or "JIGGLYPUFF ATE MY BALLS!" to get rid of them. I hate people who try to push their religion on me, so the more i scare them, the better.
Quote by p o e
lmfao man thats so sick and depraved and yet funny all at once

my hats off to you IbanezSA160, you have embodied the Pit into one little poem
Quote by david_highland
When ever I find myself in a situation with a religous person, I usualy respect their beliefs, as they normaly do mine, and not act like a complete asshole...

This works too. Above all it's important to be respectful. State your stance and if they can't accept it, or feel the need to force their beliefs on you further, then tell them to **** off. I personally can't stand when someone believes I am going to hell because I don't believe in the same thing they do. That pisses me off to no end and they lose my respect when they do that to me. And it has happened.
Yeah one came up to me on the weekend and told me i was going to hell when they knew nothing about me at all.
Punks not Dead it's Just Sleeping

Let's Play Some Tetris MotheR FuckeR
I tell them that I'm happy with my current church, the church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Then I ask them if they would like to be touched by his noodly appendage.
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
I only answer the door if I know it's open, and then I just, depending on my mood, listen patiently and bluntly without registering anything they are saying or just shut the door on them. However, I am very strongly against people enforcing their beliefs on others. Anyone is allowed, in my book, to have their beliefs and are entitled to their religious judgments, regardless of how convoluted they are. However, if someone tries to enforce their beliefs onto me and tell me what I should believe, then they are pieces of ****.

If they try to enforce anything, I be an asshole and do stupid **** for my own amusement and to deter them.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Lmfao I love how the flying spaghetti monster has turned into a religion. so funny
Quote by Garret.
Depends on how furiously I'm masturbating

Quote by metacarpi
I get paid on the 25th.

Is a bag full of pennies an acceptable method of payment?

The bag will of course, have SWAG written on it

Wynaut of the Pokemon club.
Quote by IbanezSA160
Just yell something random like "REMEMBER THE FOURTIES!?" or "JIGGLYPUFF ATE MY BALLS!" to get rid of them. I hate people who try to push their religion on me, so the more i scare them, the better.

lol wtf
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
i'll just say 'no thanks' unless they are obnoxious. a like a lot of the ideas associated with religion, apart from the gods and the miracles. the ideology is good.
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
i thought this was gonna be about those guys who preach the end of the world.

i'd always like to ask one of them When the world is going to end. and see if I can get them to say an actual date. tell them i need to know so i can plan a gig or something and make money.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by IbanezSA160

ROFLROFL LOLOL JIGGLYPUFF ATE MY BALLS AHAHAHAH
No thanks.
The more you lick them
The more you like them

Not for the first time in my life, I curse my bad luck.
We get those types here occasionally, I usually just ignore them or I might watch if someone starts ripping into them really good.
METAR KTIK 040043Z COR RMK TORNADO 1W MOV NE. EVACUATING STATION
I'll just politely say I'm not interested.

I don't get why people feel the need to throw abuse these peoples way. Yeah they're annoying, but they don't really do any harm do they?

I notice that the people who throw abuse at them tend to be the 16 year oldss with the straightened, dyed hair and "Old Skool" black tees..... trying to show off in front of their mates....... 'cos obviously when you're 16 you already have all the answers and know everything
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
just imagine how often they get yelled at and humiliated, sometimes infront of their loved ones. thets how devoted to their religion they are. but hey, i admit its anoying, especially when they wont get off ur porch
"Wipe the blood off your face, bitch" after I hit the people with a rock who held up a "Thank god for IED's" sign at my girlfriend's brother in law's funeral who died from an IED (Improvised Explosive Device).. I knew the guy, and those people who follow a religion that thinks all soldiers go to hell and torture the mothers and children at their husbands and father's funerals, can know that if it wouldn't be a cult, I'd make a religion where I had to kill them to follow it.
Are the people saying they respect other people's religious beliefs aware that some people believe in the persecution of people with other religious beliefs, the stoning to death of adulterers, execution of homosexuals etc? Either you respect some awful things, or you're talking without thinking of what you're saying.

I tend just to have a chat with them, see if they'll say anything which will actually convince me to give up the lifestyle I currently live. No success for them yet.
Before I open the door, I open the letter box and hold the following conversation.

Me: Are you a Jehovah's Witness?
Them: ...
Me: Come on, it's not a trick question, are you a Jehovah's Witness?
Them: Yes
Me: In that case I am naked, I have an erection, and I will be opening the door in 3...2...

Just listen to them run.

(Bonus points to anyone who can tell me who I've just plagarised)

(More bonus points to anyone who can tell me what Jehovah actually went to court for)
Quote by david_highland
When ever I find myself in a situation with a religious person, I usualy respect their beliefs, as they normaly do mine, and not act like a complete asshole...

Hear, hear. I agree.
Quote by redneckrebel
Wow...just wow

A clapstack? My life is complete.
I've never had any of those kinds of people in my neighborhoood...
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
I believe religion is an evil and destructive thing which kills the individual mind and bars people from thinking for themselves. I make morally "right" choices and I try to be nice to people, but only because I believe that is the most productive way to live my life. NOT because some 2000 year old book tells me I have to or else I'll go to hell. That's really terrorism when you think about it. Christians are terrorists.
"I respect your choices but don't solicit your religion to me like a cheap product, because that's how I'll view your values"?
Quote by Douche ©
I may not be cool off the internet, but on the internet I am pretty cool.

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6
myabe we all suck thats why were sitting at a computer desk talking **** thro the enternet lol

If not all of us, at least him.

<//////>~
Quote by SkyValley
I believe religion is an evil and destructive thing which kills the individual mind and bars people from thinking for themselves. I make morally "right" choices and I try to be nice to people, but only because I believe that is the most productive way to live my life. NOT because some 2000 year old book tells me I have to or else I'll go to hell. That's really terrorism when you think about it. Christians are terrorists.
I'm personally irreligious myself, and I do agree to an extent with you. That being I disagree with how some people blindly follow religious beliefs, and ONLY their religious beliefs.

Like you said I try to be nice to people, as that's the kind of person I am and I believe it's a good way to live - I don't do it because of a religion.

What I STRONGLY disagree with is the whole "Christians are terrorists" thing you said, the whole "follow the ways of Christ or you will burn in Hell" thing.

...Do you even KNOW what a Terrorist is? I'm assuming since you made that comment, you do not have a bleeding clue.

Terrorism: The act or threatened act of violence against civilians to achieve or maintain political change.

Tell me how the Bible fits into that, please.

But that being said, I do also strongly disagree with the whole "follow the ways of Christ or you will burn in Hell" idea.

Here's a good read which I recommend you all read, in relation to this:
http://www.unm.edu/~humanism/socvsjes.htm
I didn't have a signature until now.
Quote by Scourge
I'm personally irreligious myself, and I do agree to an extent with you. That being I disagree with how some people blindly follow religious beliefs, and ONLY their religious beliefs.

Like you said I try to be nice to people, as that's the kind of person I am and I believe it's a good way to live - I don't do it because of a religion.

What I STRONGLY disagree with is the whole "Christians are terrorists" thing you said, the whole "follow the ways of Christ or you will burn in Hell" thing.

...Do you even KNOW what a Terrorist is? I'm assuming since you made that comment, you do not have a bleeding clue.

Terrorism: The act or threatened act of violence against civilians to achieve or maintain political change.

But that being said, I do also strongly disagree with the whole "follow the ways of Christ or you will burn in Hell" idea.

Here's a good read which I recommend you all read, in relation to this:
http://www.unm.edu/~humanism/socvsjes.htm

Sorry to break you bubble, but have you read the bible? What about the part when "God" kills all the firstborns in egypt to free the jews? Isn't that
"The act or threatened act of violence against civilians to achieve or maintain political change."?
Member 15 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS club. PM Revelations to join.

Founder of the I love nickelodeon club. PM me to join.
Quote by Scourge

Politicians use people's fear of God and Hellfire to get them to vote for things like bans on Stem Cell research and Gay Marriage. Those are political changes brought forth by fear, which is essentially terror. It's very common in the "Bible Belt." Have you ever seen the documentary "Jesus Camp?" It really exposes how Christians brainwash people for political power. It's frightening, really. I don't know if it qualifies as terrorism because there's no direct violence involved, although in olden times priests would beat the hell out of religious dissenters. Look up "Holy Water Sprinkler" on wikipedia. Bishops used to carry around flails and beat up on non-believers. That is terrorism, like it or not.

Back to the original topic, if someone approaches you and starts ranting about the second coming, you could always use the old Pit standby "pics or it didn't happen."
what you need to do, and this has worked many times for me, is when they start in on you with the religion crap, roll your eyes back in your head, and begin to speak in german dialect, but throw the word 'satan' in there every once in awhile, if they aren't smart, they'll believe you are posessed, and they'll run away splashing holy water everywhere, humping their bibles. try this one on for size, guy/girl comes up, begins talking about the bible, say "ficken sie satan!!" or "satan ficken dich" it works every time =]
Quote by metacarpi
'cos obviously when you're 16 you already have all the answers and know everything

Like, duh.
Page 1 of 3