Poll: Should it be deleted?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should it be deleted?
Yes
15 88%
No
2 12%
Voters: 17.
Now I don't have time to do it really but I'm just saying. I just read through it and its soooo outdated and alot of it is way off. Anyone up for revising it.
I'll do Screamo maybe another but I think some of the regulars should take this upon ourselves to redo it.
I made the poll so we can tell who voted on it so we don't get a bunch or random kids that aren't regulars. The poll is probably a little unnecessary but who cares.
^DressingCold.

I would re-do a part, but the only thing I know **** about is really screamo, and that dude rules me.
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
I could do a whole BRAND NEW SECTION on Thrash/Powerviolence/Grind.
Quote by LPIndin
our rythym guitarist made up the best rap ever. makes fun of the "milkshake song"

my breakdowns bring all the crews to the pit
and theyre like, "lets dance to this ****!"
damn right, we dance to this ****
I 2 step, windmill and spinkick.
I can be of help on emo/screamo and crust/grind/powerviolence, if I haven't been beaten to it.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by Disco Vietnam
I could do a whole BRAND NEW SECTION on Thrash/Powerviolence/Grind.

That would be truly epic.

I say we put the metalcore, deathcore, and post-hardcore/screamo rec threads together and throw in any other -core's that need to be done and make it the ultimate '-core' thread.
Maybe we could delete the genre dictionary too and for every genre we have a small description like the genre dictionary with the recommended bands. That way there'll be one less stickied topic total and it can all be put together and later edited, unlike the current genre dictionary.
The screamo part is done pretty much, it's got input from myself, Paris_In_Flames, DressingCold, pixiefanyo, the_astronaut, J Lock, frd_marshll, Knife2aGunFight, etc. So I think it will be well suited.
I like the idea of having separate subgenre sticky threads. But whatever. Ill do deathcore if no one wants it.
Quote by werty22
They're not talking about hardcore punk, they're talking about "hardcore." It has little in common with its roots in the '80s.

Quote by recklessnick
when i ask questions. people reply with a stupid green smiley face sign

Heres lookin to you
I'm saying yes, but I honestly couldn't input anything. Although I do agree there are more than enough well educated people on the various genres to re-do it and make it good and wholesome.
rites of nothing.
Yeah, i'll help with deathcore, or just the Core sticky thing. And yeah Disco would be real good for Power Vio. i MIGHT be able to give a tad bit of info for Power Vio too.

Paris - were you Dressing Cold?
The only "genre" I know about is Converge. I listen to them way too much. Hehe.
Quote by SadistNation
Yeah, i'll help with deathcore, or just the Core sticky thing. And yeah Disco would be real good for Power Vio. i MIGHT be able to give a tad bit of info for Power Vio too.

Paris - were you Dressing Cold?

No it was a joke.
Quote by Paris_In_Flames
No it was a joke.

From now on you HAVE to put /sarcasm on every sarcastic post you make.
I might be able to help with hardcore. I don't know if I'm really knowledgeable enough though.
Ok so maybe a sticky for metalcore/deathcore, hardcore/thrash/powerviolence/grind(?), and post-hardcore/screamo.
I can have one ready by tomorrow.
Quote by LPIndin
our rythym guitarist made up the best rap ever. makes fun of the "milkshake song"

my breakdowns bring all the crews to the pit
and theyre like, "lets dance to this ****!"
damn right, we dance to this ****
I 2 step, windmill and spinkick.
We need Dai's permission to be sure.

So far:
Screamo is done(its the collaborative effort in the pop-punk and emo forum)

Everyone else who said they will commit to one tell what you are doing.
Ill do deathcore. What should I write exactly? Im at least putting together of decent deathcore bands to listen to, and sucky ones. Should I put together a little synopis of the genre?
Quote by werty22
They're not talking about hardcore punk, they're talking about "hardcore." It has little in common with its roots in the '80s.

Quote by recklessnick

Heres lookin to you
If you do deathcore make sure to explain what makes the sub genre and list the more metalcore based deathcore bands and the more death metal based deathcore bands. Oh yea try not to list the crappy myspace ***** bands.
Quote by waldorphPRS41
I would say have an overview of what the genre is and then include bands, labels, and whatnot.

Cool. Im not going to do it until you have confirmation from Dai that he'll post it. Also if someone wants to help chip in on this, you are more than welcome

Quote by ShellBlast
If you do deathcore make sure to explain what makes the sub genre and list the more metalcore based deathcore bands and the more death metal based deathcore bands. Oh yea try not to list the crappy myspace ***** bands.

Yea i was going to do something like that. I am actually going to list the crappy myspace bands and point out that they are crappy myspace bands, a) so the public shall be informed b) to avoid the swarms of little scenesters who will complain if i dont
Quote by werty22

Quote by recklessnick

Heres lookin to you
I think if at all possible they should be locked practically instantly to avoid spam in them, and so the OP of each respective thread could add stuff without it being buried 5 pages in