Hi!
I enjoyed the positive feedback on my last cover (check it out here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=669260)
So I decided to make another one, this Led Zeppelin song is one of my favourite acoustic songs.. I covered it on my Telecaster though, my acoustic sucks
So here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Znvd6Ic2VRc

Cheers!
Last edited by ZeGuitarist at Sep 17, 2007,
wow thats so clean and well played. every things completly opposite of my style even the bright sounding telecaster and yet that doesnt stop me from enjoying this song when you play it. Great quality and precise playing all in all good job. i would like to hear you play some songs with a slide i dont know why but i think youd be really good at it, maybe because of that nice tone.
wow man great, great job. Amazing acutally. I enjoyed this much more than the satch cover. It just flows, the style is perfect, and the tone just really is great. Everything just came out good on this one!

"Blues is what you got when everything else is
gone." - J.Lansdowne
Really good rendition. Although not my favorite Led Zeppelin song, I enjoyed your performance. Also as it was stated earlier, it was very smooth.
that was great, i like your tele, i never saw a tele with humbuckers before!

10/10
MIM-v-MIA:
Quote by OneRust
The mexican one is made by mexicans in mexico, the american one is made by mexicans in california

Fender Stratocaster
Crafter D-8 Acoustic
ProTek 80w PA System
Marshall TSL602 Combo
Fender Mini Tweed Twin-Amp
Boss DS-2
Boss CH-1
Wow man that is really good I like the tone a lot. It's really cool and bright and it fits the song perfectly. You also have very good control with your fingerpicking it sounds great you have good timing.
Anyways, great cover of a great song. Thanks for critiquing mine!!!
I like your guitar.. This melody is so relaxing, Awesome.. And I like the finger style.
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
great job! just a few muted notes here and there, but jimmy page himself has done worse Very nice, clean fingerpicking. Looking forward to more stuff by you.
Very good. Don't know the song, but you played it well, very clean, just well done. A few fluffs, but overall really well done.
So many possibilities, so little ability.

Quote by Asthia
You know you're a guitar player when you tell your father what note he's yelling at you in and then improvise over the top.
Quote by Jimmy94
Looking forward to more stuff by you.

You should take a look back for more stuff by me
Right here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=669260
Cheers!
Oh wow, completely amazing, from the playing down to the tone, I have 0 complaints.
Exar Kun of the UG Jedi Order, PM tamargoguitar to join!!

I like you, but you're crazy. Oh look, a flying monkey....

I fart in your general direction. Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
Quote by Jimmy94
maybe you didn't notice, but I already commented on that one

Hehe oops
But hey for anyone else: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=669260
Cheers!
And tnx for all the comments!
i loved it! good job, dude.
what a pity that you won't be able to play Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp on that guitar properly, coz i'd love to hear it..
But for Bron-Yr-Aur your telecaster worked!
peace
Great job, played cleanly, really good tone I actually like it better this way than with an acoustic. There's not really anything wrong with it in my opinion so all I can really say is just keep up the good work.
aye, the tele w/ humbuckers is a new one to me haha (very cool), but it sounded very good. unlike Osiris77, I personally like it better with acoustic, but thats just personal preference, theres no doubt you played it very nice, good work man.
70's Japan Greco SuperPower
Amps: '65 TRRI - Peavey Classic 50 4x10 - Epiphone VJ Head (Modded) - 2x12 Celestion Greenback Cab
FX: BK Tube Driver - EH Small Stone - MXR CC
Acoustics: Breedlove ADSM20 - Alveraz 5021 12-String
Quote by HellBent1337
aye, the tele w/ humbuckers is a new one to me haha (very cool), but it sounded very good.

Hehe its a Fender Telecaster Thinline 1972 (reissue of the original 1972 model) with humbuckers and semi-hollow body.. So yea its kinda unique which makes it even more attractive to me its tone is very versatile (from clean and smooth like this one to heavier distorted sound), plus it looks so damn hot check out my gear in my profile for some pics and stuff..

Cheers and happy critting!
This sounds really good, I'm really feeling the tone of the tele. You played this really well too, its very clean sounding. The camera seemed to pick up the lows pretty high though so the quality could be a little better, but besides that it sounds perfect!

(sorry it took me so long to crit, I was arrested this weekend)
Hmm, for some this just don't sound right. It doesn't sound much like the song, it sounds like you couldn't quite get it right so you came up with your own thing, which is cool, but I think you could get it if you try hard enough after seeing you play Midnight. It's also kinda slow for the song.

That all being said, if I had never heard the original, I would think this is awesome, because the playing was, once again, flawless. So good job dude, I would just work on applying it more to the original now.
Quote by iwinsohard
Hmm, for some this just don't sound right. It doesn't sound much like the song, it sounds like you couldn't quite get it right so you came up with your own thing, which is cool, but I think you could get it if you try hard enough after seeing you play Midnight. It's also kinda slow for the song.

That all being said, if I had never heard the original, I would think this is awesome, because the playing was, once again, flawless. So good job dude, I would just work on applying it more to the original now.

Well thats strange, i tried to apply it as much as i could to the original, only i dont own a proper acoustic to REALLY imitate the album version, so i though my tele set on acoustic would do and apparently people like it, i appreciate your crit but i just dont really understand it..

Its a question of "feeling" the song i suppose.. Everybody has their own interpretation
Tnx for critting everybody!! Keep on rating/commenting..
Cheers
Of course. I think it's impossible to play a song 100% as the author, because there's something more than "string 2 fret 5, string 3 fret x" on playing ("feeling"). At least this is what I think.
Thanks for the crit, I appreciate it.

That was flawless, really good tone again, you're playing is perfect. All I have to do is pretty much congratulate you
Quote by |2eM!x
did you post this before?

No, but for some reason somebody bumped this yesterday... The thread's over a year old! But hey, can't complain... Thanks everybody!
great cover of one of my favorite acoustic instrumentals.
i love you more than ever now
>.>
<.<
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Never heard this song before, how strange. It was a nice piece of chilled guitar playing man I liked it, it's near perfect, nice hybrid picking.
Quote by ZeGuitarist
No, but for some reason somebody bumped this yesterday... The thread's over a year old! But hey, can't complain... Thanks everybody!

haha. i remember watching it a LOONG time ago, now I looked at the dates