I tried this thread on another page but it was closed, wher should i post this,?

I need some advice, about my practice time and how to use it, if this aint the right page, where the Hell is?

Please help.

i love playing my guitar but its pissing me off that im not getting any better.

Thanx
My gear.

ESP LTD EC 2005.

KH 202.

Line 6, Spider 212.

ESP Eclipse l CTM.
I also need this thread.
Quote by Finnepinne
It was probably a black man who talked. "oh don' go in there gurl, he behind the doh~"

And then got shot.
Quote by GiantRaven
Everybody gets better with time, you just don't realise it

Sounds bout right
ye u develop without even knowing, just keep at it and u'll get better as time passes
look im 28 and i have a nephew who is 17 and we both started playing at about the same time, but he is way and above, better than me, im just not gewtting anywhere with my playing, im sick of playing the same **** every time i pick my axe up
My gear.

ESP LTD EC 2005.

KH 202.

Line 6, Spider 212.

ESP Eclipse l CTM.
this is off the top of my head: learning guitar builds on itself, like, you cant play --5--7-8---5--7-8--- real fast if you don't finger it at least somewhat correctly, and have a solid picking style ( alternate for the win)

you need to have those two parts down, 1 stretched out fingers and 2 good picking skill

you might be way above this, but what you gotta do is practice what you know until you can do it upside down, drunk and blindfolded in a roller coaster playing a kazoo... ok, maybe not that down, but once you really hone what you know, then you'll just naturally see that you can build something new with what you already know

you couldn't build anything really if you didn't know how to pick, right? guitar's got these big humps, step or learning curves or what ever that are for some a chore to get thru, but thats what most preach, just keep at it good and steady.
Neste@
Cool@
To the core!
set a goal of something you can't play right now, then work to it. once you can play it, you will know you're improved.
also, start with your scales, they will warm you up and get your fingers pretty much permanently used to playing scales, which will help with soloing and improvising.
to improve your improvisation, learn blues scales and pentatonics, they help like you wouldn't believe.to build up your speed, make yourself play the scales faster and faster.
and last of all, practice.
Quote by espltdtosh
look im 28 and i have a nephew who is 17 and we both started playing at about the same time, but he is way and above, better than me, im just not gewtting anywhere with my playing, im sick of playing the same **** every time i pick my axe up

A younger persons mind is better adapted to learning new things than an older one, it's been proven, if you enjoy it shouldn't matter how good you are, and you most certainly should never compare your progress to others, because there will always be someone better than you in one respect or another.
Ok, for me, I hate it because of how I play, listen, find something you LOVE, and I mean REALLY love, and play it, over and over again, play your guitar if you want to, play until you're sick of whatever song you love, and then go play something else, then eventually you won't be sick of that other song anymroe and everything will be cool again BUT, the other thing is for me, I hated chords, In fact I still do, and I hate fingerpicking (at the moment) but I picked up a few new instruments and got good enough at them that the people who have been playing the instruments for years are pissed at me (Piano, Drums) so just spread out your stuff.

If it's just practice, then play something you love still because hell, if you're not enjoying it you're not doing it right...
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."

Get a powertab for a song you really wanna learn but seems just out of reach, and take it slowly over like a few weeks. It's mostly just enthusiasm you gotta build y'know?
Quote by aaron13
well i get on the net and chat with hot chicks alot.
most of them want to see me naked.. and they are over 18..
this sounds really dramatic but its getting me down to the point where i don't wanna play anymore, i play the same 4 or 5 songs every time i pick my guitar up but when it comes to learning new stuff i just dont have the willpower, or i just cant be arsed.........its a major block.

how am i ever gonna get over it?
My gear.

ESP LTD EC 2005.

KH 202.

Line 6, Spider 212.

ESP Eclipse l CTM.
Quote by espltdtosh
this sounds really dramatic but its getting me down to the point where i don't wanna play anymore, i play the same 4 or 5 songs every time i pick my guitar up but when it comes to learning new stuff i just dont have the willpower, or i just cant be arsed.........its a major block.

I find listening to some new bands really helps. Usually genres you wouldn't usually listen to actually help the most, because you're usually surprised you like it and therefore it makes you feel good you ever found it.

Force yourself to! It's the only way.
Quote by aaron13
Quote by Deliriumbassist
quit learning other people's songs, and start PLAYING YOUR INSTRUMENT. It's your voicing, use it to convey your messages. Hit some improv, write a few songs.

thanx for the advice but i couldnt improv, to save my life, i couldnt improve a solo if you offered me a million ££££££££££££
My gear.

ESP LTD EC 2005.

KH 202.

Line 6, Spider 212.

ESP Eclipse l CTM.
Quote by espltdtosh
thanx for the advice but i couldnt improv, to save my life, i couldnt improve a solo if you offered me a million ££££££££££££

Everyone can improv. There's no such as thing as not being able to. Learn some theory, throw some stuff together. It doesn't have to be a solo, just a riff that you think sounds cool, and build from there.
It kinda sounds like you don't really want to play, just looking for an excuse to give up?
Quote by aaron13
God i hate this, im not getting anywhere with my playing.........i have no structure to my playing time what so ever, i pick my axe up play, the very few songs that i know and then thats it basically, i dunno how im gonna overcome this, i cant stop playing for a while like some peeps have said coz i know i'll be worse for doing that
My gear.

ESP LTD EC 2005.

KH 202.

Line 6, Spider 212.

ESP Eclipse l CTM.
Quote by espltdtosh
God i hate this, im not getting anywhere with my playing.........i have no structure to my playing time what so ever, i pick my axe up play, the very few songs that i know and then thats it basically, i dunno how im gonna overcome this, i cant stop playing for a while like some peeps have said coz i know i'll be worse for doing that

Learn some new songs then, it's fairly obvious.

Everyone goes through that, you just gotta force yourself out of the hole (Learn a fun song that seems slightly out of reach- just taking it slow) or give up...
Quote by aaron13
Quote by espltdtosh

easy, learn pentatonics, and only move one position at a time until you get confident. otherwise, stick to the dots, and it'll basically soudns good. if you realise you've hit the wrong note, then bend it to the right note.
Actually, a break would be a good idea.

The first time I tried to learn how to play guitar, my friend let me borrow one of his guitars. I tried for a month but got frustrated with it and let him take his guitar back. About a couple of months later, I started to want to play really bad. My dad had an extra guitar, so he let me play it.

That was two years ago, and I have been playing ever since. I can definitely see a huge improvement from when I started.

I'm even starting to improv better, since I have broaden my musical tastes a little bit.
Quote by AngusIsMyHero
Actually, a break would be a good idea.

The first time I tried to learn how to play guitar, my friend let me borrow one of his guitars. I tried for a month but got frustrated with it and let him take his guitar back. About a couple of months later, I started to want to play really bad. My dad had an extra guitar, so he let me play it.

That was two years ago, and I have been playing ever since. I can definitely see a huge improvement from when I started.

I'm even starting to improv better, since I have broaden my musical tastes a little bit.

thanx for that really but ive been playing for 4 years nearly....! anno its bad you don't have to tell me
My gear.

ESP LTD EC 2005.

KH 202.

Line 6, Spider 212.

ESP Eclipse l CTM.
ive gotta go to work soon but anymore suggestions would be most helpfull, i don't wanna give it up coz i love my guitar.
My gear.

ESP LTD EC 2005.

KH 202.

Line 6, Spider 212.

ESP Eclipse l CTM.
i think bout quitting sometimes when i cant get the right tempo of a song im attempting. but u have to practice i know u always hear tht but its the truth.
esp ltd m300
ibanez rg
jackosn dinky strat

digitech rp155l
morley bad horsie wah

carvin mt3200 tube amp

founder of the ibanez rg owners of the world club pm me to join
Well um, I quite for a year... I played for a year, quite for a year... well 2 actually, then picked up bass and then picked up guitar two years after that...

weird much?
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."