Hey guys, i need your help in deciding between these two guitars. I've heard of Jackson's excellent quality and that the RR3 is made in Japan while the Xiphos is made in Indonesia (****ty place). However the Xiphos is neck thru while the RR3 is bolt on. i don't really have any qualms about the pickups though , because i'm gonna switch to EMGs sooner or later . The only thing that matters to me is the build , sustain,and quality of the guitar . So which one would you recommend me to buy ? i'm also open to any suggestions around this rice range.
I'd go with the RR3

the only real quality issues would be the trems on both guitars. having said that i have the same trem as the RR3 and its been fine for 20 months or so and ive heard heaps of similar reports. i havent heard as many good reports on the edge III however but someone else may no more.
Jackson, I don't really like the looks of the Ibanez Xiphos XPT700 but play them first and see which one you like the feel of best.
Member of the Jackson RR24 Owners club!

Esp Eclipse II Snow white
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RGA-8
Jackson RR24 Black w/yellow bevels, Limited 1/75
Yamaha FG-400A
I've heard bad things about the Xiphos bridge but I don't really like Floyds anyway so take what you want from that.

Personally I'd go for the RR3.