Page 1 of 7
Theres like probably 50 other threads, and if there aint, then we should have 50 threads
seriously. halo FCKIN 3!!!! whose gettin it? who aint?
Played Halos 1 and 2 at a friend's, they're no Timesplitters

How is this one different?
Quote by aaron13
well i get on the net and chat with hot chicks alot.
most of them want to see me naked.. and they are over 18..
I'm getting it! ...for Christmas.. Lol idk, theres other games I want to get. I'm about to buy my first 360 and I need to do some serious catching-up on all the older great games like Gears of War, Oblivion, and Dead Rising.
Quote by Garret.
Depends on how furiously I'm masturbating

Quote by metacarpi
I get paid on the 25th.

Is a bag full of pennies an acceptable method of payment?

The bag will of course, have SWAG written on it

Wynaut of the Pokemon club.
Story might be pretty fun, the Beta was decent. I'm looking forward to CoD4, Assassin's Creed, or Mass Effect.
666 BRO
Master Chief has a different helmet!!!

Wow! 50 quid well spent!

It doesn't look anywhere near as fun as simple ol' Hogs of War on the PS1. That game rocked.

Anyway, if you're psyched about Halo 3- have fun!
Quote by aaron13
I wonder if Hogs of War is meme worthy...

Sorry for the highjack, normal programming will commence shortly.
Quote by aaron13
Im sick of all you people making fun of Halo 3 like this.

LEAVE HALO 3 ALOONE!!!

Its going through alot right now...

haha

7 days left.
Gibson Zoot Suit in Rainbow
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000

Where are the ladies, man?
Quote by kman123
nah way man
it redefines the shooter.

how exactly? i just don't see how it's any different, sorry
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

Quote by Kankuro
Story might be pretty fun, the Beta was decent. I'm looking forward to CoD4, Assassin's Creed, or Mass Effect.

Assassins Creed is gona be soooooooooooo awesome!!

*PC FTW*
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone SG Special Customshop
Jackson JS30RR

Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss Metal Zone
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Ibanez Lo Fi
Behringer Tuner

Marshall AVT100X

Quote by IUseAPurplePick
Quote by Joshrocker48
I Use a purple pick.

+1
Yea, im pretty psyched out for the game. I wasent really excited for it or anything for awhile,but all of a sudden, im going crazy over it and I can't wait,lol. You guys going to any midnight bashes or anything like at a gamestop? Im going to this one at a gamecrazy and there having a huge lan party at midnight with halo 3 going on, its gonna be fun.
GO RED WINGS!!!
Quote by kman123
nah way man
it redefines the shooter.

How? Exactly how does Halo redefine the FPS genre?
Sent from my iPad.
I use to love Halo. My friends and I would play Halo 1 for hours upon end (the best being the 3 hour games of CTF at Hang 'Em) but when Halo 2 came out, it changed things. It made us all lose interest in the game. Hal0 2 tried to be to damn pretty looking yet lacked what Halo 1 had in gameplay. I can only wish that Halo 3 will fix this but i'm pessimistic
Quote by Hexagram
I use to love Halo. My friends and I would play Halo 1 for hours upon end (the best being the 3 hour games of CTF at Hang 'Em) but when Halo 2 came out, it changed things. It made us all lose interest in the game. Hal0 2 tried to be to damn pretty looking yet lacked what Halo 1 had in gameplay. I can only wish that Halo 3 will fix this but i'm pessimistic

Did you play the beta at all?

Halo 3 gameplay feels alot more like Halo 1. It's also WAY more difficult than Halo 2.
Quote by CowboyUp
Did you play the beta at all?

Halo 3 gameplay feels alot more like Halo 1. It's also WAY more difficult than Halo 2.

no. The same friends who I played with before have played it and said it was fun. I really do hope it doesn't let me down this time...
Quote by Deliriumbassist
MGS>Halo

Why? Because MGS INVENTED AN ENTIRE GENRE OF GAMING.

Halo just follows the crowd.

Amen. The pinnacle of the FPS genre was achieved with the original Deus Ex.

Never been bettered.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
MGS>Halo

Why? Because MGS INVENTED AN ENTIRE GENRE OF GAMING.

Halo just follows the crowd.

Actually Halo BRINGS the crowd.

I haven't seen a game as big as Halo has been the past few years.

Halo opened up a lot of doors for a lot of people. People that normally wouldn't play FPS would start to play them because they played Halo and loved it.

I'm not saying Halo is better than MGS (which it is not), but I can say that FPS wouldn't be as big as it is now without Halo.
Actually that's a good point. Half Life is a pretty big one as well.

Although, I've played Half Life, and to be honest, I liked Halo better.
Quote by metacarpi
Amen. The pinnacle of the FPS genre was achieved with the original Deus Ex.

Never been bettered.

Fuck Yes

Give this man a knighthood
Quote by Deliriumbassist
^I disagree. I think that Half Life was a bigger player than Halo.

Yes, but PC and Console are different things.
Quote by Td_Nights
Prank calls?

What are you, 10?

Be a man and go take a shit on someone's car.

Quote by Fate_of_Mind
I skimmed through, saw pregnancy test, and "why is there blood". I'm going to assume you just punched her in the ovaries, problem solved.

Xbox Live GT: VRSlashGnR
You are all wrong. The FPS genre peaked with Perfect Dark and has never caught up since.

(In my humble opinion, for course).

Halo 3 looks awesome. I've got it reserved and I WILL be at Gamestop at midnight to get it. Thank god I'm not at school that day.
Basses
Ibanez Gio GSR100 w/ SDs

Amps
Acoustic B200
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Secondly, it's just like EVERY OTHER F*CKING FPS OUT THERE.

Yet for some reason it has legions of adoring fans and is one of the most successful next-gen console series to date.

Halo obviously has something that's unique, thereby making your statement void and worthless.
Halo isn't all that special. It's good... but not great. The reason console gamers are so crazy over this game is because us PC gamers have played FPS games... REAL FPS games and I think Halo is just a mix of a "first to the race", MAJOR advertisement and a lot of hype over nothing.

Halo is good, at best.
Quote by subliminaldelta
You are all wrong. The FPS genre peaked with Perfect Dark and has never caught up since.

damn right
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

Halo is so effin' overrated..
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
I love halo, always have. Im not saying its any better than any of the other games out there(even though it is ), I just remember all the awesome LAN parties that I had that lasted for days on end. It was the most social game out there. Those lan parties were never possible with any other game. And Halo actually made me a legend around school. I was never defeated Probably another reason I loved it.
Quote by happytimeharry
You just made my penis retract into my body in fear. Thank you for that unpleasant feeling Stinkles...

Quote by sashki
So the next day when you were a girl again, you'd stick a dead willy dickinson into yourself? Sounds wrong to me.

Lol
my xbox broked again 9 days before halo 3 wtf like. at least i got another free controller as compensation
Quote by Archaon
Yet for some reason it has legions of adoring fans and is one of the most successful next-gen console series to date.

Halo obviously has something that's unique, thereby making your statement void and worthless.

Because having legions of adoring fans means its actually good, right?
Sent from my iPad.