Actually its not my Guitar...

its my friends guitar...
His problem with his Strat is .. there are some annoying sound produce in string
G B e when he use the notes at the 15 fret onwards... dunno if its a buzz or something...
he ask me how to fix it...
i told him to adjust the action..
but the action is already high...

what should i suggest him tho?

his guitar is about 10 yrs old already...
hope someone here encounter this problem...
and know how to fix it tho

should he need to buy a strat neck? and replace it?
do strat squire fender neck is available? in music storeS?

pls anyone! help!
Well its a ten year old squier. perhaps it warped, or the frets are worn.
I <3 Drugs.

The universe works on a math equation-
That never even ever really ends in the end-
Infinity spirals out creation.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
what should i suggest him to do?

replay the neck is it possible in strat models?
Tell him to look into truss rod adjustment. The neck is probably bent back too far, causing the strings to touch the fretboard around the 15th fret.
Quote by Ki'
Tell him to look into truss rod adjustment. The neck is probably bent back too far, causing the strings to touch the fretboard around the 15th fret.

he already did T___T
do replacing the neck is possible in strat[fender squire]
in other hand... is theres another solution to his problem????
Maybe the frets are sticking out too much. You can shorter them by either filing them down, or tapping them down with a hammer.
Quote by Ki'
Maybe the frets are sticking out too much. You can shorter them by either filing them down, or tapping them down with a hammer.

Yes it's possible for frets to "lift" out of there slots, due to many things, including lemon oiling and polishing the fretboard. The wood goes weak.
Re crowning or tapping down are options.
I did have a similar problem years ago and had to actually raise the whole bridge up off the guitar body a bit. Even after lowering the saddles to suit again, I found the high end drop off of the fretboard from the 12th fret up was considerably increased which fixed the buzzing.
It's always worse when bending a string also due to the fretboard radius. I've really taken to flatter boards now
Of course if you has a "micro tilt" allen screw adjuster, that would aid in a proper set up.
Good luck.
Nobody leaves this place without singin' the blues.