That was excellent, great find!
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

is dat sum PTR guild?
if you have belief in ur soul and jesus you can do anything
Just came across this band while browsing metal archives. Someone described them as symphonic death metal, which I think sounds like a very interesting subgenre.
Bumping to let more people know about them.
This is some great stuff. I really like it. actually it reminds me of some of the kind of music I want to make, except instead of using keyboards... i'm going to use an Organ

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

Just heard the first few seconds of Barricade, I like it. Thank you.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Never heard of them until this thread, which is surprising, 'cause they sound amazing.

They've got some interesting stuff going on, don't really sound significantly like any other band I can think of. The symphonic elements pick up a lot of slack in the riff department (which isn't exceptional) and I'm really liking the way they're mixing up all the different types of vocals.

I'm definitely gonna look more into these guys.

Great find.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Quote by Guitarmike123
Just came across this band while browsing metal archives. Someone described them as symphonic death metal, which I think sounds like a very interesting subgenre.
Bumping to let more people know about them.

Avant-Garde more like.
Meh - they're not that spectacular, a slightly better (and more 'death metal') take on early My Dying Bride. The basic problem is that they should have been making classical music, because the metal elements are totally generic.
It's cool. I can't seem to get really into it though.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

In theory i would love this band, for some reason while being good it just doesn't click with me.Edit:hmm i found Preach Eternal Gospels on my comp. I'm liking this better then the other stuff i listined too. Reminds me of Septic Flesh and Horrified.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Last edited by Riffmast at Feb 9, 2010,
I know what your talking about.
The orchestral sections have a lot of weight to them and some of the riffs are cool, but the overall concept lacks poignancy.

It's somewhat meandering, which what probably kills it. A sharper focus would [have] probably help(ed).
Didn't realize they were defunct at first. They do stand the test of time, as they don't sound, obsolete.