Hey,

I am doing a guitar case for my IB Design & Technology Project, and wanted to ask of all of you if you could maybe respond to two of my questionnaires that i have put out on this thread. It is required for data collection/presentation as part of the creation of this project. The design is basically making a universal guitar case utilizing memory foam inside the case, and then having the case also serve as a stand. So these are two questionnaires.

Thank you in Advance.

Questionnaire – For universal guitar case idea

What do you think about having a universal guitar case?

What is the most you would pay for a universal guitar case?

What color would you want the case to be?

Do you think, the fact of having a universal guitar case, would make life much easier?

Do you think having a universal guitar case would make you waste less money?

Questionnaire – Stand idea

Do you think the idea of having a stand and guitar case combined is a good idea?

What would be the maximum you would pay for a guitar case that serves also as a guitar stand?

If you had a case that was universal (for any guitar) and served as a stand, what would be the maximum price you would pay for it?

Would this combination help you do things more easily/quickly?

Yes No

Good idea so long as it's designed right

$120 AUD

Black or Chrome

Do you think, the fact of having a universal guitar case, would make life much easier?
Yep, sure would

No, but it would be more convenient

Do you think the idea of having a stand and guitar case combined is a good idea?
Yes, so long as it is designed correctly

What would be the maximum you would pay for a guitar case that serves also as a guitar stand?
$100 AUD

If you had a case that was universal (for any guitar) and served as a stand, what would be the maximum price you would pay for it?
$130 AUD

Easier, but not necessarily quicker.

Get rid of all those spaces man, people can add extra as they need.
Sure i'll do it, i have to do the same thing for my as level effect pedal project so it's only fair.

Would be practical and save space when transporting to and from gigs or small venues.

not to sound to cheap but i guess around £60-£70 depending on the build material (i.e strength)

i think an option would be a good idea but for me a nice black or maybe maroon/burgandy colour would suit my guitar well

Yes, especially as i have a small bedroom which means it is hard to accomodate for my gear and also it would save space at gigs in small venues

Yes, a case which served as a stand would be a real bonus and would certainly persuade me to opt for the particular product.

Only if the standing legs folded back into the case itself and didn't stick out at the back so having a cavity in the case to accomodate for the legs would be a good idea and look far more professional.

again around £60-£70 i know its not very much but the reason i have never bought a guitar or stand is because i'd rather buy tubes etc. for that price.

maybe an extra £15 more i suppose, however it all depends on how well it is secured if it is not specifically designed for one guitar.

Yes

I think it's a good idea, as long as it is very soft or adjustable to provide a decently snug fit for every guitar. A memory foam lined case would probably be fine. Keep in mind that a universal case really cannot be completely univeral, as some guitars have extreme shapes. A good universal case ought to be able to fit every strat and LP shape guitar.

$100. It depends somewhat and build quality. If your case is made out of chipboard, then I'd only pay $50. If your case is gauranteed to survive any airline beating (and if anything breaks, you'll refund cost of case and pay for damage to instrument), and is waterproof, I'd pay $200 or more.

Black. That's a universal colour.

Not really, because I can always find a case to fit a guitar that's molded to fit almost perfectly. The only advantage would be if you had multiple guitars of both strap and LP shapes, and only took one to each gig, and wanted to take a different one to each gig. Then a case that could fit any guitar could make life easier.

No, not really. I'd prefer to have all of my guitars in cases, so I'd be buying a case anyways.

Only if it's built well. If it's a good case and a good stand, then yes. If it's a good case and a crappy stand, or a crappy case and a good stand, then no, I don'tlike the idea.

Same as above. ("most you would pay for universal case" above, not directly above...)

Same as above. The introduction of a stand or the ability to use it with any guitar really doesn't matterthat much to me, especially since cases are pretty cheap, $50 or so for a cheap one.

Perhaps. It would be a nice way to carry less stuff to a gig.

I don't know how you are thinkig of doing this, but my design would make one case into a rack to hold multiple guitars. The top would open up, and then a part would flip out of it, parallel to the ground, hinged at the point of the case lid highest from the ground, so that multiple guitars could be set in it. Sort of like this:
Guitar Stand