I own a variety of guitars and still cannot find a suitable setup for my Apartment. This is the biggest limitation for me. I live in an apartment while I am away for work, and cannot play too loud. The fact I play across all genres of music makes it harder for me to pinpoint a comprehensive setup for effects.

So...I currently have an XTLive, however I dont really like having to tweak every setting through ever song I want to play, nor using the computer to adjust. I personally like having everything in front of me, knobs and all so I can adjust on the fly. BTW, I was using studio monitors for the XTL and not an amp.

What I have been looking into is the Boss ME-50. I know multi-effects sucks the tone out of nicer amps, however I am looking for a SMALL good quality amp to use with the ME-50. Remember, nothing too loud. (Sorry, I know this is the opposite of everyone else's situation). Believe me. I have no issue with paying for something nicer when I get back to Chicago, but in the mean time, which small combo amp would sound DECENT at lower volumes with the ME-50?

I know many of you will say the ME-50 sucks and to get single pedals, but I dont perform on stage or on youtube. I play for fun and never out of the apt so I dont want to go nuts spending all this money on single pedals when its unecessary.

Bottom line, which small combo amp can you recommend? It can be tube or solid state, makes no difference to me as long as it fits my situation.

Thanks in advance.
for a practice amp, I use a 5 watt roland microcube. It sounds pretty good, you can use it as a Pa (mic input), and it can even take batteries if you go somewhere.
Peavey valveking royal 8, it's a small 5watt tube amp, singe channel since you're going to use it with a multi fx you won't need anything else. I own it and it's great even my crappy zoom g1x sounds 10 times better on it then it did on my roland cube 15.

Go tube since you don't need build in effects. ME 50 is a good pedal btw.
Sweet, I like where this is heading.....

Side note: I owned the MicroCube for 3 days hoping it would be good enough but didnt suit my needs.

People have suggested that I look into a 5watt tube combo (Fender Champion, Epi Valve Jr). Has anyone had any experience with these and a multi fx?

Call me a wuss, but my fear is that a tube amp would create too much vibration for an apt. Am I being too paranoid? Mind you that I would be playing past 8pm each night.

I am warming up to the suggestion of the Peavey Royal 8. It seems more versitile than the Champ 600 and definately more than the Epi VJ.

I can only assume it would be loud enough, but how much low end vibration will it cause?
Why not get a Line 6 Toneport or other computer audio interface?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
To be honest, I come home from work, eat and then play some guitar before going to sleep (sounds boring). There are no real set of songs I like to play, depends on the mood I am in. One second I will be playing some acoustic, then maybe some blues. All of a sudden I am in the mood to play metal and hard rock.

There are unlimited patches for the XTLive, however I do not like scrolling through the little menu to make all the adjustments or downloading them online. Too many menus to go through. I prefer all the knobs in front of me, and would prefer not to use the computer.

Anyways, this post is more geared towards a small combo amp to be used with any multi-effect in general. I appreciate everyone's input.
I've got a Vox DA 20 that sounds great with the Pod XTL and pretty decent with a buddies Boss ME 33. Should be good with the 50. It's a stereo amp with 2x8's. It can also take batteries. Hell i've plugged my walkman into and it makes a great cd player. The 2 speakers give it a pretty nice tone. Not alot of control, besides the effects you just have a master, gain, and single tone control, but if your going to bypass the preamp with an effects pedal (Like i do with the pod) it's more control then you'll ever need.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Playing into the ME-50 with a really good set of headphones is AWESOME. Try it.
To live is to Die...
Quote by scott58
I've got a Vox DA 20 that sounds great with the Pod XTL and pretty decent with a buddies Boss ME 33. Should be good with the 50. It's a stereo amp with 2x8's. It can also take batteries. Hell i've plugged my walkman into and it makes a great cd player. The 2 speakers give it a pretty nice tone. Not alot of control, besides the effects you just have a master, gain, and single tone control, but if your going to bypass the preamp with an effects pedal (Like i do with the pod) it's more control then you'll ever need.

How would you go about bypassing the preamp on the Vox?
Quote by jparks
Playing into the ME-50 with a really good set of headphones is AWESOME. Try it.

+1

I have a ME-50 and love it, I dunno any small combo amps to recommend to you though so this post is a bit useless...