I've been looking into a few amps recently and i wanted to know how these two play, and their reliabilty? At the moment they seem like my best option for the money, which one is better and are there any better amps for around the same price on the market? Don't say 5150's or 6505's also because i've looked and looked and there all just too expensive. Thanks.
I own the B-52 AT 112, which is a very nice amp for the money. No idea about the other one though.
WTLTL 2011
ive got a B-52 AT-212 and its pretty good man, dirty is crunchy and the clean shimmers. avoid the ST series, it sucks. thats why its called the ST series: Sh*T
Reliablility issues are only with the older models. If you buy one new from the box there shouldn't be a problem. Also, if you do end up getting an older model B-52 will adjust it no extra charge. Theres also a manufacturing warranty.

I bought an older model which broke down, I exchanged it for a new one no problem. Havent had a problem since
WTLTL 2011
im planning on getting one very soon. The only real problem ive heard with them is that they can get very hot, and sometimes even overheat... But from what im told a simple fan behind it will solve this.
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
i've got the at-212 as well, it's a pretty nice amp, but i'm needing an overdrive pedal because the gain isn't crunchy enough for me. But it sounded great through my friend's epiphone, and the mid range/highs are great. It gets very hot for me as well(and has this weird heat-smell lol), but it hasn't overheated for me and i played in a barely-fanned 90 degree hot garage for about 4 hours, with a couple of small drink breaks.
my gear:
Jackson DKMG(the one with EMG 81/85's)
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
old gear i'll probably sell eventually:
yamaha beginners guitar
gunmetal grey Fender squire strat
Fender 65R amp
The AT is a really great tube amp, especially for the price. It has more than enough gain to cover most types of music, and I've found it to be rediulously versitile. I'm not sure about the ST, because I've never played it, but It's is a solid state amp, correct?

if that is the case then you are better off getting the AT.
Quote by cahotopher15
the st series is a tube amp with a tri recti

Yeah. It has solid state rectification. So, it can be considered a hybrid amp...but, not by the normal assumed definition of "hybrid."

And, I've never played the ST model. But, judging by the features, it looks pretty damn nice.
It's a 3 channel amp with Celestion Vintage 30s. I'm gonna go try one out, now...
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Quote by Haha, Crackhead
Yeah. It has solid state rectification. So, it can be considered a hybrid amp...but, not by the normal assumed definition of "hybrid."

And, I've never played the ST model. But, judging by the features, it looks pretty damn nice.
It's a 3 channel amp with Celestion Vintage 30s. I'm gonna go try one out, now...

No, the ST is all tube. Just because it has ss rectification dont mean its ss, the AT series also has ss rectification...
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...
get the AT. i have it and its great. plus they AT has gotten more blessings than the ST but that doesnt mean that st is bad.
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
I ordered an at100 head from music123 for the price of an st because it was belmished. It should come in a couple days, Im excited to get it. I ordered it with a line 6 cab, bash if you must but for $300 with Celestion speakers it was worth it to me.

I'd say go for it, I heard nothing but good things.