rosecityboy1990
unknown
61 IQ
can someone enlighten me on how to do it?
better to burn out than to fade away :stickpoke
markazord
UG's great ass
416 IQ
play everything on the low e string two steps higher
Quote by Mathamology
One day that guy is gonna lose a whole arm to that blender

and that shall be the day I laugh the hardest
Smokey Amp
Run.Stop.Fierce.
1,077 IQ
Just raise everything you would normally play on the low E by two frets?

Quote by markazord
play everything on the low e string two steps higher

*One step.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
JDawg
Forever n00b
1,162 IQ
Look up the minor penatonic scale right here on UG.

Tune your top E string to a D. One octave below the D string under your A string. Get it?

EDIT: Oh... You worded it dumb. Read the posts above me.
rosecityboy1990
unknown
61 IQ
but if im using an electronic tuner dont i just tune the low E string to D like the same way i would tune the other standard tuned D string?
better to burn out than to fade away :stickpoke
Smokey Amp
Run.Stop.Fierce.
1,077 IQ
Quote by rosecityboy1990
but if im using an electronic tuner dont i just tune the low E string to D like the same way i would tune the other standard tuned D string?

Yes, you would.

You should try and get into the habit of tuning by ear, though. It's tough at first, but it definitely pays off.

Just remember, E to D is a downward tuning.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
SumFenderFan41
21 IQ
Ok, I don't know if your asking this, but how you tune to drop D, at least without a tuner is just pluck the D string (3rd lowest) and at the same time detune the lowest string until they sound like an octave, you shouldn't be able to miss it. And I don't know if you're asking this, but for minor pentatonic, I'd just play Aeolian. It kicks ass. Hooray Aeolian!
chrismetal86
PMA!
279 IQ
Quote by SumFenderFan41
Ok, I don't know if your asking this, but how you tune to drop D, at least without a tuner is just pluck the D string (3rd lowest) and at the same time detune the lowest string until they sound like an octave, you shouldn't be able to miss it. And I don't know if you're asking this, but for minor pentatonic, I'd just play Aeolian. It kicks ass. Hooray Aeolian!

or you just make the 12th fret on the e string sound like the open d string

or play a harmonic on the 5th fret on the e string and play a harmonic on the 12t fret on the d string try to make the 5th fret harmonic sound like the 12th fret harmonic
I want to go as far to the edge without going over. Out on the edge, you can see all kinds of different things.