Well I'm saving up for a new guitar, and have a budget of up to about £300
I was looking at the RG370DX and I tried it our at a guitar shop and liked it, and so was pretty set on getting it.
But I've read the forums around here and people have been saying....distasteful things about the Edge III Bridge on it.
So my question is this:
Should I stick with it or try something else, seeing as I don't really need the trem all that much.
I play mainly modern metal/metalcore/hardcore style stuff.
Also, I would prefer a super strat style.
Last edited by McCheese at Sep 17, 2007,
i reccomend staying away from guitars with a fancy bridge that are in that price range. the chances of getting one that wont give you problems is slim. i suggest trying a schecter. you'll be able to get the look and sounds of the music you're looking to play.
Quote by Kurt-Corgan
In gr.8 we got into purple nurples so much that the school would suspend anyone they saw doing it. We had really good aim.
Quote by anodetodrivebys
i reccomend staying away from guitars with a fancy bridge that are in that price range. the chances of getting one that wont give you problems is slim. i suggest trying a schecter. you'll be able to get the look and sounds of the music you're looking to play.

Bearing in mid I live in the UK are there any online stores I can get them from?
Well, I have an Ibanez 370dx myself. It's my first and only guitar and I have to say I'm very happy of it. The neck is indeed superflat, the sound is very good.
Now the trem. Well, it's not easy to work with it if you never had such type of guitar.
I don't know how good other trems are, but I only have one problem with it. If you use it (you don't have to abuse it), the strings are quickly out of tune.

Hope it helps.

Greets,

Willem
If you don't want a trem then get Washburn x50pro.

NOW!!!!

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

Why not go for the RG321? Same shape and neck as the 370, only cheaper and no trem.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by pifty
Why not go for the RG321? Same shape and neck as the 370, only cheaper and no trem.

+1

With a pickup change, that guitar would serve you well for a long time. Great choice.
Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
Quote by McCheese
Hows the hardware, sound, and quality compared to the 370DX?
Hardware is the same (with the obvious exception of the single coil and the crappy trem on the 370), as is the quality. A mahogany 321 would have a heavier sound than the basswood 370.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by fatboythin
+1

With a pickup change, that guitar would serve you well for a long time. Great choice.

Would that be the 321EX?

Edit: By which I mean would it be worth getting the 321ex over the normal 321?
Also, I can't find the normal 321 on GAK. Is there anywhere else to find it for the UK?
Last edited by McCheese at Sep 17, 2007,
Get the normal RG321, not the EX. The EX is basswood, whereas the RG321 is mahogany. A better choice for metal.
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
MH indicates that it's mahogany, versus the standard basswood. Non-mahogany 321s are rare as (I reckon) they've been out of production for a while.
The MH stands for mahogany dude, get that one.

EDIT: ^ Darn, you beat me to it!

Get this one.

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/ibanez-rg321-mh/67798

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
Last edited by fatboythin at Sep 17, 2007,
Quote by fatboythin
The MH stands for mahogany dude, get that one.

EDIT: ^ Darn, you beat me to it!

Get this one.

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/ibanez-rg321-mh/67798

Awesome, that's pretty cheap
What kind of pickups would you recommend (I don't know much when it comes to pickups)?
If you don't know much about pickups, then you probably shouldnt worry too much about swapping them out for the time being. Play it as it is. Once you find that you need a better tone, then you should start looking at pickups.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
Quote by fatboythin
If you don't know much about pickups, then you probably shouldnt worry too much about swapping them out for the time being. Play it as it is. Once you find that you need a better tone, then you should start looking at pickups.

Kk thanks dude, I'll trust you on that
Quote by McCheese
Kk thanks dude, I'll trust you on that

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
I'd definitely recommend a Washburn X50PRO. Absolutely amazing specs for the price you pay on GAK, probably the best deal on a guitar in the UK right now.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.