I have a 5150 at the mo but i think i want to get something more versatile, which has a) liquid gain metal sounds b) good classic marshall style classic rock tones c)bell like clean tones. Im in europe so i can afford mesa etc.
Quote by Gwizz
Im in europe so i can afford mesa etc.

well there ya go. enough said.
Quote by Kurt-Corgan
In gr.8 we got into purple nurples so much that the school would suspend anyone they saw doing it. We had really good aim.
ENGL Powerball IMO or Dual Rectifier (get one of the older 2 channel ones)
ohai little sig.
Quote by anodetodrivebys

how is it enough said..you didnt answer the question.

Also..i am considering 5150 plus orange tiny terror and AB switcher because its unlikely ill get versitility out of an amp thats not a mark iv
Quote by Demonikk

Quote by Demonikk

i tried the powerball but it was really compressed and classic rock tones werent so good
Laney VH100R sounds perfect for what you want. Great cleans, gorgeous crunch and very organic, heavy metal tones.
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by Axeman99
Laney VH100R sounds perfect for what you want. Great cleans, gorgeous crunch and very organic, heavy metal tones.

it seems a bit tinny?. also is it not more of a classic tone rather than modern metal?
^correct imo at least. Personally I would go for a powerball - awesome liquidy/glassy high gain. great crunch, and amazing cleans to boot.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.

Quote by anodetodrivebys

i think he meant "can't".

engl would be worth a look. koch too. framus, probably, though i haven't tried those.

really up to you, basically... you probably won't get anything which will do all those tones you want perfectly, and you need to try them to see which amp's voicing you like the best, and also which of the tones you'd be more willing to compromise on.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
If he said "can't"
Then go for framus heads, they have nice cleans and even better distortion qualities.
Quote by Gwizz
i tried the powerball but it was really compressed and classic rock tones werent so good

yep, if you want classic tone too, you'd be well advised to try the blackmore and (if you can afford it) savage or invader (i haven't tried the invader, and have only tried the savage se, not the savage).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i think he meant "can't".

engl would be worth a look. koch too. framus, probably, though i haven't tried those.

really up to you, basically... you probably won't get anything which will do all those tones you want perfectly, and you need to try them to see which amp's voicing you like the best, and also which of the tones you'd be more willing to compromise on.

well i could get the laney or orange tiny terror and the 5150 and just have a stereo cab. i think the laney voicing is very bright and shimmering, but im actually quite happy with the 5150 clean (you need to learn how to dial it in) I would like to run metal and crunch sounds together like adam jones of tool
Quote by georgeazguitar
Mesa Boogie Express anyone?
My brother in law had one and it did EVERYTHING.

Express series doesn't have enough gain for metal, at all. I don't see how Mesa can replace the F series with them, the F series was so much more versatile (imo), the only cool thing about the Express series is the ability to switch it to 5 watts.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I'm one of those players who likes beefy tones, think James Hetfield on the Master of Puppets album. It's just my personal preference, someone else might think that tone is amazing.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG