I have a C1 Plus, and have installed an EMG 81/60 set on it. I have been playing it for about 8 months no problems.

Just recently I have been getting some odd sounds when I hit a note on frets 5-9 or 10 on my a and d strings primarily. I'm not sure if it's some sort of harmonic or what, but it is basically a squeal along with the note if that makes sense. I can't even play the intro bit to Seek and Destroy anymore, the squeals I get are terrible. If I play very slowly the problem is eliminated or reduced, but when I play songs up to speed it gets bad.

I play mostly high gain stuff on a Peavey XXX 1x12, it is getting really annoying. Anyone have any suggestions? I have not messed with the action, pup height or anything. I really haven't even changed by amp settings for a long time. Thanx.
Because it's a schecter

Jokes

It could be that some frets are lower than the others so that when you fret the note it sort of chokes on the next fret or further along down the board?
have you changed the batteries in your EMGs recently? if not, then thats probably the problem.
"Marty Friedman > You" Club.

Quote by CoreysMonster

Buy the toilet Hendrix crapped in for the full "Jimi Hendrix Experience"

PM me if you think my drummer looks like angry kid

so far 61 people think he looks like angry kid
Replaced batteries? they only last around 8 months...thats what makes me say.
most probably it's the near-to-death tree that they carved up to make your neck squealing in painful agony. You need to remove the neck from your guitar and remove the tree's heart, usually located between the frets 3 and 5 under the B string. Your welcome, in advance.
Quote by Mr. La Fritz

Squirrels are fluffy bits of gay.

Quote by LordPino
My penis is so big it has its own hands.
Change the battery, and see if there are any irregularities in the frets.
WTLTL 2011
It's doing that because all EMGs do is squeal.
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
Yeah, change the batteries and see if its any better. If not, you might have irregular frets. Send your guitar to a tech to have it checked out, it might need fret leveling.
Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
don't listen to these idiots, i'm right.
Quote by Mr. La Fritz

Quote by LordPino
Quote by dark_gilbert
don't listen to these idiots, i'm right.

With your overwinded unfunny 'joke'?

Yeah, you have only 5 posts dark_gilbert, and the two of them that i read are utter crap.

Get off this forum man and stay in The Pit, thats where you belong.
Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
Last edited by fatboythin at Sep 17, 2007,
Quote by philipisabeast
With your overwinded unfunny 'joke'?

yeah, pretty much.
Quote by Mr. La Fritz

Quote by LordPino
Quote by fatboythin
Yeah, you have only 5 posts dark_gilbert, and the two of them that i read are utter crap.

Get off this forum man and stay in The Pit, thats where you belong.

wow, lighten up. I only just joined, have guitarists had sticks shoved up their asses here over the time this site has been up?
Quote by Mr. La Fritz

Quote by LordPino
Quote by dark_gilbert
wow, lighten up. I only just joined, have guitarists had sticks shoved up their asses here over the time this site has been up?

Dude they have shecters in their asses because every post has the word schecter in it.
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
Quote by dark_gilbert
most probably it's the near-to-death tree that they carved up to make your neck squealing in painful agony. You need to remove the neck from your guitar and remove the tree's heart, usually located between the frets 3 and 5 under the B string. Your welcome, in advance.

come on, say something useful or don't say anything at all, my reporting finger is tingling...

TS, try replacing the battery, that could be the problem
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Thanks guys, I'll swap the battery and see if that helps. It didn't used to do it.
you have tried changing your strings have you!?
If not, do so! Bad strings can cause some weird harmonics. No idea why though ^^
Quote by mcw00t
come on, say something useful or don't say anything at all, my reporting finger is tingling...

TS, try replacing the battery, that could be the problem

...that's not the only thing thats tingling aye

...sorry.
Quote by Mr. La Fritz

Quote by LordPino