Fellas, it has come time for me to take my gear to the next level i've been toiling with my epi sg and assorted crappy distortion pedals for 3 years i feel an upgrade is in order.

First off an amp. my style is mainly classic rock with side trips into blues and the heavier side of life not really metal just a gain step up from classic rock like punk or alternative(for more info on tones just ask)

amp specs:

-Tube, enough wattage for gigging and to have clean headroom... so say 30- 50? (over that is fine if there is no smaller version)

-clean channel capable of chimey fender and dark bluesy cleans

-overdrive able to hit above genres, i wil invest in a nice od if need be(suggest one i wont be cheap on this)

-preferably seperate eq's

-preferably a head

-price range 1600 usd

now Guitar i have a one question about the strat i will be buying, having used humbuckers all this time im afraid i'll lose some punch with the single coils would it be worth it to get a high powered SC for the middle or bridge position or am i worrying for no reason? Second question since i plan on buying an american made strat i wont have alot money to kick around, i have played and like the feel of this guitar http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-SG-Standard-S.O.R-Electric-Guitar?sku=512455 and I think if i get around to changing the pickups to whatever a real sg has it would be a nice cheap alternative am i right?

sorry for the long post i tryed to lay everything out as simple as possible. thanks for any and all suggestions/advice
Gear
Epiphone Sg
60's MIM Strat
Epi Valve Junior
Peavey classic 50 212
Old peavey 130
pedals
rocker 30 maybe

not separate eqs but still

or a peavey classic 50 should nail all those tones
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
for an amp I suggest Epiphone Blues Custom... it's 30W all Tube amp... I played on it once and I loved it's cleans... great thing... it's a combo so I'm not sure if you're interested in it...
Epiphone Les Paul Studio 2005
Marshall JTM-60
MXR Phase 90
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion
EHX Q-Tron +
Line 6 FM-4 Filter Modeler
Fender CD60 Acoustic
John Frusciante and RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS UG fanclub.
thanks guys

and as for combos im not against them its just I would have the option of cranking whatever i buy so i mine as well go big (that makes me sound like such a dick but i cant really explain it any other way its not like im never gonna have it past "1" on the volume)
Gear
Epiphone Sg
60's MIM Strat
Epi Valve Junior
Peavey classic 50 212
Old peavey 130
pedals
I was going to say Peavey Classic 30/50, or a Delta Blues. Or perhaps a Fender Blues Deluxe. If you still need an overdrive a Fulltone OCD or a Keeley TS808.

The G-400 comes highly recommended around here, with a pickup swap it would be awesome.

PinkEdit: And if you're playing at a place big enough to be able to crank a 50 watt tube combo, prepare either to mic it or blow your eardrums out.
ahh good to hear about the G-400 thanks

the peavey classic intrigues me i shall check that one out. ive herd the delta blues wasnt very good but if i seen one i'll play it (herd it was very muddy due to the 15 inch speaker or something)

and yea i would defintly mic it for gigs i just ment i work at a church with a huge social hall i can get pretty loud in there since no one is ever around id use it there alot
Gear
Epiphone Sg
60's MIM Strat
Epi Valve Junior
Peavey classic 50 212
Old peavey 130
pedals
maybe a peavey jsx. its got great cleans, crunch, and metal tones
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
see i didnt even know it came in a 212 thanks for that info

jsx looks good certainly on the list
Gear
Epiphone Sg
60's MIM Strat
Epi Valve Junior
Peavey classic 50 212
Old peavey 130
pedals
thread....slowly dying...must keep ...alive
Gear
Epiphone Sg
60's MIM Strat
Epi Valve Junior
Peavey classic 50 212
Old peavey 130
pedals
well everyone knew the peavey jsx owns everything else so they decided to give up. hahaha. im kidding...

or am i?
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣