Anyone play guitar in their school jazz band? I was thinking of trying out, but idk...
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
I've been thinking about it, only I wouldn't be able to play bass, because I can't read sheet mucic. I might joion on alto sax though.
I've got a bike you can ride it if you like
I play bass in jazz band. It's a good time. The basslines are interesting. Playing bass also helps my finger strength and dexterity.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
I play guitar in mine. It's really different than what I normally play(metal). I've learned alot from it,
im a drummer in jazz band, its not the most stimulating, but its good times though, you should try it out
I played bass for the jazz band at my old school. I loved it, and got away without having to read music. Never really liked jazz before, in fact I thought it was terrible, but playing in that band really broadened my musical horizons.
Quote by Andron17
Go away, I have an erection.

Bassist for Half My Kingdom.
I switch between guitar and bass for my school jazz band. Learning jazz theory and learning to read both clefs are great things.
yea i play. this is my first year. i thought it was very different cuz im used to playing metal. but i think if i keep going throughtout my high school year i would improve like crazy
Epiphone Les Paul Classic
Marshall MG100DFX *SOLD* REPLACED WITH PEAVEY CLASSIC 30
Boss GT-8
Breedlove AD/25 SR Plus

I'm TOOcool for sigs
i played guitar in jazz band back when i was in eighth grade, once i got to highschool a kid older than me (and waaayy better) had the spot, and still has it. i really wish i could do it now though, ive learned a lot more theory and jazz since then
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
I started playing this year. My friend played in it for the last 2 years (3 counting now, we switch off for some songs), and I had the feeling "If he could do it, I could do it!"

Oh boy.

It is fun, I love it, wouldn't drop the class for the world, but it scared the crap out of me that first day. I walked in knowing a couple of what I thought was "weird" chords, but he handed me a song and said "Play this." Of course, it had chords I had never seen before. So I'm still learning. It takes a lot of patience and work, but it's worth it.
Quote by terryguitar
GROW UP WE DONT NEED 2 CHEAT WHEN OUR KIDS ARE BEAUTIFUL

Quote by blynd_snyper
Ummm, petrol? Nip down to your local petrol station, buy a litre of the stuff and soak your balls in it, light them up and start playing with them.
yeah actually i was just offered a spot for guitar in our school band 2 day and accepted, we play Jazz, classical etc. My fav genre being blues and jazz i think it will be fun
It's worth it. I've learned alot of jazz theory
To a shredder, a second is a long time.

Member of the UG Gentlemen of Higher Thought Establishment.

Invite only, if you want to be considered, contribute well to UG, and respect others as much as possible!
I played guitar in last years jazz band and now Im on bass this year.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help