Alright, so I have roughly $485.83 in my bank account right now, and I'm seriously considering buying an Xbox. My plan would be to buy used stuff so that I don't go over my budget and if I were to buy it, I would buy: Xbox 360, Xbox Live subscription, harddrive, headset (I think that covers it.) My only worry is that I'll be broke after buying all that and won't have anything left for a rainy day. Should I take the plunge? Questions? Comments? Quomments?

EDIT: I'd also buy Gears of War, that game rules
Last edited by kroberts8 at Sep 17, 2007,
YES YES YES.

Add me, gamertag is Sir Slither. We could play some GoW
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
No. No. No. ...its really not worth it, think of what it took you to get that money, then again, if youre even considering it, its probably worth it to you, so ya, i changed my mind, buy it, dont worry about going broke, think of this as your rainy day, besides...500 bucks really cant save you for anything, if youre really worried about being broke afterwards...GET A JOB!!!

and if you have a job i apologize, **** IT, JUST BUY IT
get rayman. defenately get rayman.

Lw
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
I guess it's unanimous then, I'll hopefully be stopping by Gamestop this weekend.
get a 360 (get the good version that comes with a hard drive, it's cheaper in the long run), and pre-order Halo 3. until it comes out you can just download a crapload of demos and play those.
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
Alright, so I did all my research and I plan on buying the Pro package plus a year subscription Xbox Live Gold. My question is this: My laptop in my room is connected by wireless internet, and my computer downstairs is regular wired. What do I do to play Xbox Live in my room?
Quote by kroberts8
Alright, so I did all my research and I plan on buying the Pro package plus a year subscription Xbox Live Gold. My question is this: My laptop in my room is connected by wireless internet, and my computer downstairs is regular wired. What do I do to play Xbox Live in my room?

you can use either but wireless is very unreliable and slow.

(edit.. you are better to get wired internet connection installed in your room cos if you use a 10 meter xbox cable from downstairs is too long it will also slow your games big time)
Last edited by Gwizz at Sep 17, 2007,
get the xbox wireless adapter, or plug it into your router via ethernet cable.
I hate to revive this AGAIN, but I heard today that if I plugged the ethernet cable from the Xbox into my the laptop (on wireless internet) in the spot where the internet cable would go if it were not wireless that the Xbox would connect to Xbox Live. Is this true?

Also, forgive my description, I'm not very good with the names of all that stuff.
Buy 360 brand new, used your asking to be pwnt. download stuff until Halo 3 comes out then buy that.

mine worked like that for a few months then It quit working and my internet guy couldn't even fix it I somehow beat the system.

dont plan on it working long.
Quote by kroberts8
I hate to revive this AGAIN, but I heard today that if I plugged the ethernet cable from the Xbox into my the laptop (on wireless internet) in the spot where the internet cable would go if it were not wireless that the Xbox would connect to Xbox Live. Is this true?

Also, forgive my description, I'm not very good with the names of all that stuff.

I don't think it would work...but by all means give it a try
Get an elite, it comes with hard drive making it cheaper than buying the Pro and hard drive seperate, and it has an extra heat sink so it won't blow up in your face.
Quote by Gwizz
you can use either but wireless is very unreliable and slow.

False. Seriously, the wireless network adapter works like a charm and has never failed on me.
Quote by Whatley2212
Get an elite, it comes with hard drive making it cheaper than buying the Pro and hard drive seperate, and it has an extra heat sink so it won't blow up in your face.

dood.. the pro comes with a harddrive
get yo facts straight boy...
Quote by glamdring22
dood.. the pro comes with a harddrive
get yo facts straight boy...

Yeah, I know, a 20 gig one. I was talking about the 120gig one, I've had my 360 for 3 weeks and have already used up 35gigs.
I really like the 360, my friend has one.

I was going to get one but would rather get new stuff for my car. So if you want it get it, the graphics are sweet, but not worth it if you don't have an HD TV.
High as tits