any1 know why the string tenson on my guitar is so tight? its standard tuned and so hard to press down. any help aprerciated
Now You've Got Something to Die For!
your strings are too thick...

Lw
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
Bear in mind that if you do that the tension on the neck will change and you will most likely have to make a truss rod adjustment. Take it to a guitar shop and ask them.

They can also check the string thickness you already have on.

Also, if you've only just started the acoustic, its common knowledge that acoustic playing (steel string at least) takes much more finger strength that electric playing, so just stick at it for a little bit.
Have you just started playing acoustic? If so, as claptonwannabe said, this is completely normal. Even if you've been playing electric for a while, switching to acoustic will be a challenge at first.

If not, your action might be the problem, as well as maybe your string gauge. How high off the fretboard is your low E string at the 12th fret?

Quote by qotsa1998
id say ur string gauge is too high. get thinner srtings, like .8 gauge.

i'm assuming you meant 0.08... but i really wouldn't recommend going any smaller than .010 on an acoustic guitar.
^ .008.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
Last edited by roamingbard13 at Sep 17, 2007,
8's are way too thin for an acoustic. It will sound like crap. But what everyone else has said is correct.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
Quote by roamingbard13
^ .008.

damnit...

but yeah, 0.008 is what i meant
^ A real man uses that to floss.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
Quote by roamingbard13
^ A real man uses that to floss.

A real man isn't THAT concerned about dental hygiene
I prefer no smaller than .010 for acoustics. I've tried .009's, they sound thin and wimpy, I don't wanna know what .008 would sound like. Get the light top heavy bottom if you can, I like those really well. You get smaller strings for the G, B and E and larger ones for the lower E, A and D for fuller bass and better playability if you like to play leads on acoustic like I do. I keep .011 on my acoustic and I like them pretty well. A bit difficult to play, but they sound great. If I could drop the action on my Takamine a bit more I might even go up to .012 on it, but it buzzes if I drop it any lower. I've been fighting the neck for 4 years, gradually getting it to straighten out where it has a hump at the point where the neck joins the body. It's finally just about gone, I might try some .012's next time, haven't decided yet. But I still can't get the strings lower than a bit under 1/8" at the 12th fret, so I'm not sure, it may take some more time.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
Quote by ClaptonWannabe
What are you all laughing at? I use 0.8's.....This is my top E;

WAH!
use 10's or 11's for accoustics
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.