Hi all. For School, I have to do a senior project, and I'm planning on building a guitar. However, I have absolutely no idea whatsoever what I should be looking for or where I should be looking. can any of you shed some light on the subject? (I.E. what are the best materials to use, where should I look, etc.)
Peace n' love
I understand about indecision, but I don't care if I get behind. People living in competition, all I want is to have my peace of mind- Boston

CLASS OF 2008!!!!!!!

Member of UG's Christian Guitarists
for acoustics, try a kit from lmii.com, stewmac.com, or martin. they're not cheap, and you shouldn't underestimate the amount of work it takes. i built an lmii kit for my senior project.
'59 Bassman Reissue
Custom Strat
Custom McCarty
Custom OM
Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Wah
Last edited by gazaa at Sep 17, 2007,
if u wanna go from scratch, its gonna take lots of money and lots of time to get a good guitar made. Look at some of the already done build threads and see what they do. If u just want a guitar to assemble, get a kit from a website. certain sites have some really good kits.
warmoth

you could basically put like a strat neck on a jackson rhoads body lol

or a jackson neck with a gibson es355
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
if your building it from scratch, use mahogany for the body, and i would advise not making the neck yourself, and instead stealing a screw on neck from a cheapish guitar, just cos its so easy to get them wrong. Also from the cheap guitar u could steal all of the electronics and hardware.