Alright, Well, Some of you Might have read my thread a day or so ago, and I'm, stuck between The Marshall JCM800 And the Orange Rocker 30...The Marshall Is about $1,000 MORE than the Orange. I'm Not too Sure which One I should get. (Or Just Suggest A completely New One!)

I play Mostly Rock/Metal. I'm Using a Gibson SG 61' Re-Issue.

Thanks!

Orange Rocker 30

Marshall JCM800

The Guitar
Last edited by I Be Andyy at Sep 17, 2007,
Orange. Sabbath used SGs and Oranges. Iommi was tuned to Drop C tho, which probably has something to do with it. But Orange all the way.
rocker 30 but why dont u just get a used 800? it will be cheaper than that
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
I could buy a used one I guess...To Ebay?

But for those of you saying "Orange All the way" What exactly is the difference between the Marshall and Orange?
ebay....craigslist....

im with alot of other people on here.
i dotn ahve the money for new gear. used > new
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Quote by ssguitar
ebay....craigslist....

im with alot of other people on here.
i dotn ahve the money for new gear. used > new

The only thing I buy new are guitars. You just never know where people have been putting them.

At least with amps and effects, the most they'll need for repairs are new tubes/fixed connections.
Gear:
Gibson X-Plorer Studio Yellow
Orange Tiny Terror
Orange PPC-112 Cab (2 stacked - 1 open backed)
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone OCD
Alright, This website is just confusing me, haha, the Site Rated The Amps The same..

Marshall

Orange

And one more Thing..Should I Buy the Head, and Then a cab? Or the Amp..

Amp

Head

If I should buy the Head and a Cab, Which Cab should I Get? Sorry about all the questions, I'm not an Amp Expert.
Quote by I Be Andyy
I could buy a used one I guess...To Ebay?

But for those of you saying "Orange All the way" What exactly is the difference between the Marshall and Orange?

One is orange and one isn't DUH!

Seriously though you need to play them and hear for yourself. Don't buy an amp before playing it.
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
Ha, Well, I guess that works...BUT My local music store truly isn't the best. Seeing as I live in a little town in missouri...I don't even think they HAVE orange's there. I've seen a marsall and a few mesa's but nothing more than that...
Quote by I Be Andyy
Ha, Well, I guess that works...BUT My local music store truly isn't the best. Seeing as I live in a little town in missouri...I don't even think they HAVE orange's there. I've seen a marsall and a few mesa's but nothing more than that...

oh, that sucks buns.

Well, I HIGHLY doubt you would be dissapointed with a rocker, but you might like the marshall better. It's tough to say, but either way you won't have to worry about getting a "bad" amp. They are both awesome! And cabinet wise, you could go either way. A lot of people mix orange heads with marshall cabs, or even vise versa. Anyways, if I were you I'd go with eBay, because you could always turn around and sell it again on ebay for the same price, or more if you get lucky.
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
A brand new 800 is rediculously priced, buy a used one.................

But, I'd still rather have the rocker.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Alright but...with the whole cab+head thing, does that make the sound any better? Or is it just louder.. And Darn you for confusing me even more on the whole Marshall Versus Orange thing. Seeing as it is so much more expensive, I'd probably go for the Orange. But is the Sound any Better on the Marshall? o.O
Anybody? (sorry about the double post =\)
I personally think the sound on the Orange is better than the Marshall. However, you could definitely get a JCM 800 cheaper than the rocker 30, with a combo or head and seperate cab on Ebay. Either way they are both amazing amps...

Look at videos on youtube, they can give you some idea of what they sound like.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Sorry, by the Orange website, Sabbath did/do use them. But Iommi is more known for using Marshalls and Laneys.
Um thanks guys..But If someone could answer the "With a cab and head, does that make the sound any better than an Amp (Orange Rocker 30 Amplifier, Rather than the Head and buying a cab)? Or is it just louder.." Question I'd love you forever.
if you get a 2x12 cab to go with a rocker 30 head, it'll sound a bit more spread out and most likely louder. not a huge amount lighter, though. it'd also be easier to carry around a ~30lb head and a ~30lb cab than one ~50lb combo all together.

buying a head and cab separately is going to be more expensive too.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Sooo, It would Be better sounding to buy the Head+Cab then the Combo? Or just more convenient.

Also, If I mixed the Orange Head with a Marshall Cab, Would the sound be any different than mixing an orange head with an orange cab? Because Orange Cabs are rather expensive..
a head and 2x12 cab would sound 'better' in terms of covering more area (air space) if you were playing live.

the cabs would sound different, but not in a huge way. every little thing that goes into the construction, size, etc. of a cabinet contributes to some difference in the sound. if you tried out the head with those two cabs side by side, you might or might not notice a difference, while other people can.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

no problem. not much else beats the satisfaction of a new amp.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Last edited by UnsignedRecords at Sep 18, 2007,