Well recently I switched out my gibson 490T for a seymour duncan SH-5. And now im trying to save up money for a new amp, so I was thinking about selling this pup. But from what I can see, the only wires on this pup is the ground braided wire on the outside, and the internal metal wire which goes to the pup.

But in the wiring diagrams on the gibson site there are four wires, two for split coil pickups which if I understand correctly are not on this pup because it was installed into a guitar without split coils, so gibson omitted them, but im not sure.

I just wanted to make sure that this was accurate before I tried to sell them
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
The outer shield is the ground. The inner wire is the hot.

2 wire humbuckers are pretty common.

If they are chrome or gold covered pickups, PM me with a price and I may take them off your hands.
All my photobucket pics are dead so no links to my guitar build threads.
My Music
yea, thats what I thought but I wanted to make sure I didnt break off any of the wires or anything... I dont wanna try to sell something thats not functional. But thats what I though.

But sorry they are double black, haha
B-52 AT 112
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Gibson humbuckers have only 2 wires becuz there is no need for them to have the 4 wires. Aftermarket versions have 4 so u can wire Coil-tap and phase swithing.
Quote by ICANSEEYOU7687

But sorry they are double black, haha

Damn... well let me know, anyway. I can always put covers on them.
All my photobucket pics are dead so no links to my guitar build threads.
My Music
Quote by qotsa1998
Gibson humbuckers have only 2 wires becuz there is no need for them to have the 4 wires. Aftermarket versions have 4 so u can wire Coil-tap and phase swithing.

Why is there no need for 4 wires?

I'm pretty sure the reason the stock humbuckers only have 2 wires is to encourage you to buy the after market pickups if you want coil splitting or phase switching.
Quote by zeroyon
Damn... well let me know, anyway. I can always put covers on them.

im getting my sister to put them on ebay, she has a better rating then me, i told her to put them up for 35$ and buyout for 45$, but I mean if you want it you can buy it, thats be easier then ebay... They have a little wear and tear but nothing noticeable.
B-52 AT 112
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial