OK, I've got a problem. I have a Randall RG200G2 combo amp, and whenever I turn it on, it just buzzes really loud. I don't think it's the speakers making the noise, but when I disconnect them from the circuit boards, the noise stops. this happened about a year ago, and when I got it repaired, they said that it was one of the (transistors/resistors?) big cylindrical things that look kind of like a "C" battery.

What's the problem?
Peace n' love
I understand about indecision, but I don't care if I get behind. People living in competition, all I want is to have my peace of mind- Boston

CLASS OF 2008!!!!!!!

Member of UG's Christian Guitarists
Capacitator?

Dunno..
I have a RG100 SC G2 combo, and I have sort of the same problem, except I get squealing.
When using the onboard distortion and I have high settings in the following combinations:
Using Gain1 : Gain Max & Level >8
Using Gain2 : Gain >8 & Level >7-8
Dunno what the problem is, but I solved by keeping the values below said limits.

But I would say, that disconnecting your speakers prove absolutely nothing towards wether or not it's your speakers or circuit board is busted, because:
- Busted circuit board -> Speakers buzz
- Busted speakers -> Speakers buzz
See what I mean?
Try using a different pair of speakers if you have, and then you'll get a more correct answer to what's broke, but my guess is it's your CB, seeing as the repair guys changed a part, and might not have done a good job.
Electrics:ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑAmps:
Jackson DKMGFFˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RG100SC G2
Washburn DIME 333ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RH200X / RA412 2x Half-Stacks
ESP LTD EC-1000 STCB
Dean From Hell CFH
yeah, I know about the squealing when you turn up the gain too high, but that's not it. It might be the Capacitator though.(If I knew what a capacitator was)
Peace n' love
I understand about indecision, but I don't care if I get behind. People living in competition, all I want is to have my peace of mind- Boston

CLASS OF 2008!!!!!!!

Member of UG's Christian Guitarists