Page 1 of 2
ok, im not trying to start any arguments or any thing like that. but does anyone else think cliff burton is a little overrated? I was watchin a bunch of his live solos and stuff and every solo just sounds like he put way to much distortion and just sounds kinda bad and way to much distortion. Dont get me wrong he was an awesome bassist i just think he was a little overrated.

thoughts?
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
not over rated at all

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
Quote by Sabu
I think he's overrated probably because he's dead, but he is pretty good.

Fine then. Jimi Hendrix is over-rated. How do you guitarists like that one?
Currently attempting to learn: The Dissentience by Protest The Hero in it's entirety.
Steve Harris > Cliff Burton.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
he sorta went the same way as dimebag. they were good. then they died, now boatloads of kids who don't know any better praise them as the be all end all guitar, or in this case, bass legend.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by Metalcredge
Fine then. Jimi Hendrix is over-rated. How do you guitarists like that one?

i completely agree...

and yea, i never liked Burton

Dinobot of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Quote by Stephen Colbert
Now the obvious question here is...

Who's fucking the ponies?

Quote by drop-dead666
Get.. Like he suggested, P-90's. Or you can just buy a hello kitty guitar.
Ya know what sucks nuts? The fact that we'll never know. I think Cliff Burton is way better than anything we'd ever seen....he didn't get to live long enough for us to see his true potential, but what we did see was good enough for me. Best? Maybe...maybe not. Great bassist none the less? Damn skippy.

Oh....and Hendrix is over-rated.
Guitar Player Since April 12th, 2005.
Guitar of Choice: Schecter S-1 Elite
Proud of His Two Warnings
cliff = not best ever, but damn good. maybe best in the metal world, but not overall.
metallica + cliff = good.
metallica - cliff = suck.
jaco or wooten > cliff.
hendrix > you.

/thread.
gear?
coming soon... parker fly mojo flame
ibanezes: rg350dx frankenstein * rg7620 7-string
fenders: telecaster plus * stratocaster plus

line 6: pod xt live * ax2 212
other: laney vh100r * mesa dual rectifier * monster cables
Quote by olif8
He was in Metallica, so he sucks.

Man is that gonna get me banned.

Trying too hard to start a fight / get banned

Shame on you

But Cliff Burton, yeah he probably was overrated, but still, he was pretty fecking awesome.

And also, the fact is that since he did, Metallica have got progressively worse, so go figure
FALKIRK

We'll win something someday

Quote by Minkaro
Falkirk is the home of runners up.

Check out my Tunes
I thought this was going to be about the snowboarding company... Burton.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by MetalBass345
Im Not Saying He Was Bad Or Anything

your sig is full of memes

anywho,Burton was good,but not the best,he has some fantasic work but many bassit have works 100 times better
Quote by BrianApocalypse
They're all covers, but "Think" was actually written by Urethra Franklin.

Founder of the Offical Henry Polfave Sucks club
cliff burton was the best evar
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
Quote by Henry Polfave
your sig is full of memes

anywho,Burton was good,but not the best,he has some fantasic work but many bassit have works 100 times better

remind me what a meme is?
Quote by olif8
He was in Metallica, so he sucks.

Man is that gonna get me banned.

hahahaha atleast he wasnt alive to see st anger
Cliff Burton was a great bassist. I like his live solos, they're impressive. Besides, if you consider that he composed several songs on Justice, along with Orion, I think you'll agree that he is a great musician.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Horrible tone, his bass solos sounded like he was trying to be a lead guitarist, practically disappeared in the mix on the albums because of his "I'm a guitarist!" tone preferences.

Burton was talented, but man, is he overrated.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
cliff burton woz not over rated even a lil bit. if u need even a lil bit of proff listen to orion off the "master of puppets" album that woz orginaly composed as a bass part by him and all other parts where added later...HE WOZ AMAZING.!!!
I don't really think he's overrated. He's definately not the best bass player ever, especially not in metal, but he was still good.
It's GANDHI not GHANDI

Quote by lewymcgee
oh yea, stanleybach, what are u like the forum ass hole, stop tryin to ruin all the fun u dick head

Quote by webbtje
Stanleybach fucked a tree. My perversion is nothing.
Guy was top quality. Not just because he's dead, gawd I wish he wasn't dead! Time for some spells...pass me the sage and a candle or twenty. And a virgin or two. Where's me chalice? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've gone all wicca...

Point is; what could he have gone on to do? More time to develop that talent. And I would never have suffered the horror of Newkid trying to be him. (SECC, Glasgow, Nov 1991. Newkid launches into Cliff-esque solo seemingly unaware of the fact that his wah was f**ked. Nasty graunching noises ensued. I went to the bar. Then the bog. Came back. He was still at it...nooooooooooooooo)
Page 1 of 2