I've lost weight before. About a year ago, I dropped 65 pounds. Unfortunately, I gained back 20+ pounds this summer, and I completely forgot how to diet. So here's what my plan is.

Exercise

Monday:
Run 20 minutes
Lift weights 45 min-1 hour

Tuesday:
Run 20 minutes

Wednesday:
Run 20 minutes

Thursday:
Run 20 minutes

Friday:
Run 20 minutes

Saturday:
Run 20 minutes

Sunday:
Day off

(I will increase my run time by 5 minutes every week. By the end of the first month, I should be able to run for 40-45 minutes.)

Meals

Breakfast:
Egg white
Slice of whole wheat bread

Lunch:
Some form of meat (probably turkey or roast beef) on lavash bread
Apple or some other fruit

Dinner:
Will differ, but generally 2 egg whites/whole eggs and some whey protein after workout

As for people who may suggest that I eat six small meals a day, I really don't have time for that because I am in school.

My goal is to lose 15-20 pounds in 1.5 to 2 months.
With a name like Yakult, it has to be good. Vote Yakult.

Member #11 of the "...Still Waiting for the Zombie
Holocaust" club. PM Smokey Amp

Roland Deschain of UG's Heroes and Villains Clubs.
That seems pretty good. Good luck with that.

Also, my teacher said that if you run too fast, you don't actually burn anything, Make sure that you can talk while running. if you can't, you're going too fast.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
i would slow up on the running a bit if i were you. don't do time limits, do distance. ie: i will run 2 miles today. also remember that for weight burning purposes, it doesn't matter how long you run in a stretch, just how much total running you do.
Too cool for a signature.
it is proven that. Walking burns more fat than running, its about how the muscles burn energy.

Burn more fat by walking for 20min than running. + you can enjoy the view.
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps
Cheap Crappy Freedom Practice AMP 15watts
VOX AD50 Valtronix
theres like, no vegetables in your food plan.

best way to diet is to just eat balanced meals
http://sheepshape.co.uk

Gretsch White Falcon

Fender Volume-Tone
TC Electronic Polytune
Digitech Whammy
Vox V847-A
Ibanez TS9
Menatone Red Snapper
Marshall EH1
Boss DD7
Boss CE5
GLX NG100
EHX Cathedral
Vox AC15CC1
George L's
EBow
On the days that you are just lifting weights i would suggest running longer then 20 mins if you are trying to loose fat......seems how we don't actualy start burning fat untill we are into 20 mins on physical activity...so rly if you stop at 20 you arn't realy doing much
add another serving of fruit to your day (probably breakfast) and get some calcium in there. Getting enough calcium in your diet really increases the amount of fat that you block.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
****, i gotta stop walking so much

but dude, how *horizontally challenged* are you? hopefully not so much you need to come up with this professional schedule, cause man you've got a problem if you are
oh yer, thats another thing. calcium actually binds on to the fat in your food, so most of it doesnt go into your bloodstream, and you just crap it out. so yer, add skimmed milk to your list
http://sheepshape.co.uk

Gretsch White Falcon

Fender Volume-Tone
TC Electronic Polytune
Digitech Whammy
Vox V847-A
Ibanez TS9
Menatone Red Snapper
Marshall EH1
Boss DD7
Boss CE5
GLX NG100
EHX Cathedral
Vox AC15CC1
George L's
EBow
Well, that could work, but we warned. With so little cardio (running) you're just as likely going to gain weight. See, all the weight lifting will give you muscles which way more than fat. I'd recommend running for an hour and lifting weights for 10-15 minutes instead. If you can actually lift the weights for that long, you're not using heavy enough weights / you're doing it wrong.
Your diet seems a bit protein-heavy for a simple weight-loss program. You could easily down some fresh veggies at every meal to balance it out.
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
from looking at your profile i tihnk you may be a little young to make these decisions for yourself, go ask mommy and daddy
also, i heard if you run first thing in the morning before you eat anything you will lose a larger amount of weight in due time.
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
Why are you protein loading?

Egg whites? I'll have to start calling you Rocky soon.

If I stuck to that diet and exercise regime I'd lose about two stone in the time you've estimated. You don't have nearly enough calorie intake, by looking at what you've put down thats only about 1000 calories, and since for your age you need about 2000 a day to maintain your weight thats not enough.

At 16 years old thats a serious diet even before you've taken into account the calories you'll burn whilst doing the exercise.

I recommend a normal diet, not a protein filled minimalist one.

This is what I would do.

Breakfast - Bowl of Cornflakes with milk, banana

Lunch - Ham/plain tuna/philadelphia light/turkey sandwich, packet of hula hoops and an apple.

Dinner - Chicken, new potatoes and 3 vegatables (I mean Carrots peas and swede as a set, not just 3 vegetables). Or pasta and a sauce, vegetable curry etc.

Thats probably around 1500/1600 calories and is a hell of a lot more balanced than the one you posted.

Somebody up there said weight lifting doesn't burn fat. It does. Ignore him. Although your weight schedule is far too intense, one day off at a time won't help you at all. Make wednesday a rest day as well. You will lose the weight, just a bit slower.

Tbh if I ate what you are planning on then did an hour of weights I'd probably faint.

In fact ignore everything I just said, I could go on forever about how this isn't a good routine. Get yourself to a gym and ask for a couple of personal sessions if they do them. They'll even set you up a regime. Might cost a bit though. Then go to your doctor and ask for diet advice.
Last edited by ClaptonWannabe at Sep 17, 2007,
Quote by jigy-i-joe
it is proven that. Walking burns more fat than running, its about how the muscles burn energy.

Burn more fat by walking for 20min than running. + you can enjoy the view.

actually if u walk a mile and run a mile u burn more calories walking because it takes you longer. If however u run for 20 minutes or walk for 20 minutes u burn a lot more calories running. And about the running too fast thing, Sprinting actually helps speed up your metabolism so dont be afraid of that lol.
Quote by happytimeharry
You just made my penis retract into my body in fear. Thank you for that unpleasant feeling Stinkles...

Quote by sashki
So the next day when you were a girl again, you'd stick a dead willy dickinson into yourself? Sounds wrong to me.

Lol
Running is great. According to my XC coach, when you run you need to mix up the face, IE hard run for a few minutes, light jog for a few, full-out sprint for 100m or so, you get a much better workout. So maybe try that.
Quote by bananaboy
Running is great. According to my XC coach, when you run you need to mix up the face, IE hard run for a few minutes, light jog for a few, full-out sprint for 100m or so, you get a much better workout. So maybe try that.

Its called interval training if you want to do some research threadstarter.
http://www.iwantsixpackabs.com/
Give it a look.

Free, no registration, no strings attatched, just this guy's video journey to losing weight and toning himself, he shows you how he did everything. I do these when I can.
Quote by Hovertruck
You guys are forgetting the most important part of sounding like Alexi.
Yao Yao
1) Just don't drink soda and leave one thing out of your meal that you would normally eat (ie. fries, extra something, etc) - you magically drop weight.

2) Don't run every day, because your muscles can't rebuild themselves fast enough.

3) Egg yolks are the protein-rich part of the egg ( = muscle building). Plus, if you want enough energy to be able to do all this, you might want to eat a little more - Eating and burning is much better than not eating at all. I dunno if your current meal plan will get you through the day AND your exercise routine.

Kudos on the weight loss, though. I've lost about 45 myself, and am trying to lose maybe another 10.
-VOTE HERE-
[x ] ROOSEVELT

[x ] WILSON