whats up with metal/death/hard core bands always using the martyr thing in their songs?..i could list maybe a good handful of songs/bands that use the term "martyr" insanely..im pretty sure some of you guys have noticed this..thoughts? it bugs the hell out of me..maybe it's a whole music thing where satanism goes hand in hand with black metal..idk
Death..Is Just The Beginning..
BOAT ..RUDDER ..STRANGE .. MOUNTAIN ..

anyway, yeah ive noticed that too , doesn't bug me though
gear:
Custom built Strat
Esp ltd EC-1000
Gibson les paul fadded dc
Line 6 spider II 30watt
Boss Ds1, DD6,Tu-2, NS
Alvarez af60ckelectro/acoustic
I dunno, but martyr = death = xcawr.

It's like powermetal and fire/dragons/gates.
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
Martyr means to die for your cause (and still look good), which I guess is why suicide bombers call it martyrdom when they blow themselves up. Black metal always seemed like kind of a gimmick to me anyways.
Quote by nehpets5555

HAHA!
Ibanez RG350dx
Ibanez AF85 Artcore VLS
Peavey Bandit 112

Quote by rocknrollstar
"Oh baby baby yes yes YES! YES! *pinch harmonic*"
Quote by nehpets5555

lol
i notice you said a good hadfull, which is like a dozen, and out of a dozen bands that over use matyr theres still like hundreds of metal bands, making the mistake of assumong all other bands do the same is stupid, ignorant, stereotypical, and downright RUDE

EDIT: SPelling
Last edited by doomed1 at Sep 17, 2007,
Quote by doomed1
i notice you said a good hadfun, which is like a dozen, and out of a dozen bands that over use matyr theres still like hundreds of metal bands, making the mistake of assumong all other bands do the same is stupid, ignorant, stereotypical, and downright RUDE

why are you talking about metal? and what you said had like no purpose...??? and wtf is a hadfun?
Quote by DiamondOfBlood
why are you talking about metal? and what you said had like no purpose...??? and wtf is a hadfun?

why am i talking about metal? because i love it thats why
Death Before Dying On the Siberian Train Tracks Where Love Was Once Lost But Eventually Found Again When I Blasted My Girlfriend's Face Off With a Sawed-Off Shotgun and Masturbated On Her Corpse
Quote by LPIndin
our rythym guitarist made up the best rap ever. makes fun of the "milkshake song"

my breakdowns bring all the crews to the pit
and theyre like, "lets dance to this ****!"
damn right, we dance to this ****
I 2 step, windmill and spinkick.
Quote by doomed1
i notice you said a good hadfull, which is like a dozen, and out of a dozen bands that over use matyr theres still like hundreds of metal bands, making the mistake of assumong all other bands do the same is stupid, ignorant, stereotypical, and downright RUDE

EDIT: SPelling

lol
Quote by Job 4 a Cowboy
Why does every new deathcore/scene grind band need to have Massacre in their name?

yeah tell me about it lol
Quote by DiamondOfBlood
maybe it's a whole music thing where satanism goes hand in hand with black metal..idk

No, REALLY?!

But matyrdom isn't directly related to Satanism. A matyr is someone who died for their beliefs, like Gandhi or Jesus.
Tiger style.
Last edited by kevinm4435 at Sep 17, 2007,
Quote by Job 4 a Cowboy
Why does every new deathcore/scene grind band need to have Massacre in their name?

Because it's br00tal, duh..
Quote by Disco Vietnam
Death Before Dying On the Siberian Train Tracks Where Love Was Once Lost But Eventually Found Again When I Blasted My Girlfriend's Face Off With a Sawed-Off Shotgun and Masturbated On Her Corpse

GoreGrind Says:

Dead Things Sound COOL!