in the next few weeks i plan on buying an epi dot and a valve jr. im gonna buy an eq pedal when i get the amp, so whats a good eq pedal to buy? i dont have a budget for the pedal so just say some good ones
Gibson SG Standard

Custom Monterey Strat with Half scallop and CS 69's

Marshall Class 5

EHX Big Muff
I have a behringer EQ pedal and it makes my Epi VJ sound worse, so I wouldn't get a behringer one.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
anything boss
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
ok thanks
Gibson SG Standard

Marshall Class 5

EHX Big Muff
would the mxr 10 band be better than a boss? ive used boss pedals before but not any mxr stuff
Gibson SG Standard

Marshall Class 5

EHX Big Muff
Quote by CORT noob
I have a behringer EQ pedal and it makes my Epi VJ sound worse, so I wouldn't get a behringer one.

Really I bought the behringer one after reading the good reviews about it. To me it sounds just as good as any other eq pedel. Maybe you didn't tweek it enough. my behringer pedal took me a while to find the right frequecies to boost but after playing with it for a while i got some good sounds out of it. But thats with my gear anyways so it might be different.
CGDAEG
MXR is a 10 band, if i am correct the Boss is 7 band...that would mean the MXR gives you more control/options to shape your sound. It is more expensive though.

and all the selectors light up red when it's on...sort of cool
Last edited by chris_kedro at Sep 17, 2007,