I was just wondering what are some songs that sound good on fretless.

I already know Alive by Pearl Jam and Dazed and Confused by Led Zeppelin (I know it wasn't played on a fretless, but it sounds good.)
The.
Pretty much anything, but specific stuff would be like Jaco P., or maybe some Sting.

lol I didn't even notice this was your thread IHC. It's weird talking to you outside the Modern Rock forum 0_0
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
jerry was a racecar driver.
do it.
now.
a lot of primus is on fretless, give that a listen
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
Jaco P would work if u can do it. Weather report stuff is easier. Anything with some slides in it.
Oceans and Black use some awesome fretless bass, as does Zeppelin's In My Time of Dying. Continuum is a great and somewhat simple song that takes advantage of that fretless sound.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Take metal's advice. Death - The Philosopher. In fact, any Death bass lines sound good on fretless. Also try Crystal Mountain by them. And Spirit Crusher, Bite the Pain, and Lack of Comprehension. *I love Death*
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
^Steve DiGiorgio is the be all & end all of heavy / Metal Fret-less Bass work, so if you into that go for anything he's been involved with (e.g Individual Thought Patterns album - Death, Human album - Death).
It's not real challanging, but I think a really fun fretless song is "Brian Wilson" by the barenaked ladies, it's even got a little fretless/upright solo depending on the version you listen to... plus it's just an awesome song.