i was just looking through of my old cds.

guess what i found? some of the early 90's green day albums like kerplunk and dookie. i love that song longview

ahhh how i miss them *sighs*

anyways, have you guys ever found some old cds or anything that you forgot about, and then realized how much you love?
Last edited by evan1234567 at Sep 17, 2007,
metallica. i only like there old stuff. kill em all FTW
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
Quote by evan1234567
i was just looking through of my old cds.

guess what i found? some of the 80's green day albums and dookie. i love that song longview

ahhh how i miss them *sighs*

anyways, have you guys ever found some old cds or anything that you forgot about, and then realized how much you love?
I have found that I love all Green Day
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
I have found that I love all Green Day

im only one for there really old cds, not the newer ones. and not just because everyone else hates it, just because it doesnt mix well with my ears
I have found that I still think Now 44 is shit.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Quote by holybassbatman!
That would be early 90's not 80's. Big difference in the decades there

not really..kerplunk and 1,039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours was 80's. dookie was early 90's.

edit: yea sorry your right. idk why i thoght those cds were in the 80's .

anyways yea, there earlies 90's cds.
oh and i like that song im blue dabadeebuhdoodie. i havent heard that in a few years until a few days ago.
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
Bruce Springsteen's greatest hits! I pulled it out over the summer, and I've been listening to him a lot since then. Gotta pick up Born To Run soon...lost my copy of it.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Yeah, old Green Day is t3h Alt. Roxx0rz.

New Green Day is t3h wann4be Punx0rz.
Our hearts are with Nick Grundy.
Quote by Ez0ph
I think AvengedThrice is pretty cool guy, eh raeps kittens to death and doesn't afraid of anything.

He knows me well..
Quote by Liberation
Bruce Springsteen's greatest hits! I pulled it out over the summer, and I've been listening to him a lot since then. Gotta pick up Born To Run soon...lost my copy of it.

i use to live in the same town as him.
yeah, green day used to be pretty sweet. i think their newer stuff is ok, but it doesnt compare to their earlier albums.

i saw them back in 2002. they have a great live show.
New Green Day isnt even that bad. There was just no point in buyin the album because the half of the ****ing thing was on tv or the radio all the time and it really ruined it. Honestly in about another year or so when Ive finally got that 3 years of constant Green Day out of my system Im gonna go buy that album. Its a damn good album, it just got rode offf of for way longer than it should of.
I hear songs from years ago, and I just feel incredibly happy hearing them. I recognize them straight away, but never know their names until then, which makes it difficult for me to dig them up.

I just did this with Iggy Pop - The passenger and Edwin Collins - Never met a girl like you.

I did it a while ago with Suede - So Young and some others.

I wish I knew more Stuff I heard on the radio and on my dads hifi but cant remember the name of now.
Quote by DanRev
I hear songs from years ago, and I just feel incredibly happy hearing them. I recognize them straight away, but never know their names until then, which makes it difficult for me to dig them up.

I just did this with Iggy Pop - The passenger and Edwin Collins - Never met a girl like you.

I did it a while ago with Suede - So Young and some others.

I wish I knew more Stuff I heard on the radio and on my dads hifi but cant remember the name of now.

that happened to me recently. the song hemmorhange by fuel.
I found some old dream theater.
I still miss kevin moore. ;_;
Last edited by that_1_dude24 at Sep 17, 2007,
Quote by evan1234567
yeah..because your an ultimate guitar noob and made the thread JUST about green day in the pit. mine was about finding lost music.

hey.. it was really the same thing..

i was watching high fidelity, and it played a stranglers song, and someone said it sounded like green day (it didn't sound like new green day, i actually liked this). so, i played a few old green day songs, and i actually found out i did like old green day.

so, yeah. "it wasn't JUST about green day," it was about old green day being good.
sup?
Quote by ldl67
hey.. it was really the same thing..

i was watching high fidelity, and it played a stranglers song, and someone said it sounded like green day (it didn't sound like new green day, i actually liked this). so, i played a few old green day songs, and i actually found out i did like old green day.

so, yeah. "it wasn't JUST about green day," it was about old green day being good.

yes..and it belonged in the green day thread.
Quote by evan1234567
yes..and it belonged in the green day thread.

then this should too
sup?
Quote by ldl67
then this should too

no..because, as i stated before, its about finding lost cds that you realize you love.
Quote by metaldud536
I have something from Yellowcard. It still sucks.

i remember that song ocean avenue!!!
Quote by evan1234567
no..because, as i stated before, its about finding lost cds that you realize you love.

then whyd you title it "old green day is the sh!t." instead of "lost CDs," or something?
sup?
Quote by evan1234567

The first post is about old Green Day.

So if the whole thing isn't about Green Day, why post a thread with this title?

Nothing against you, obviously.

Maybe we should close this down a start another thread like this with a different title?

Otherwise every 5 minutes we'll have Green Day n00bs and metal elitists saying either "AMERICAN IDIOT RULZ LUL" or "Dude, Green Day suck. Excuse me while I rip out a baby's spine and use it to stab a sacrificial goat to death whilst listening to Cannibal Corpse."
Our hearts are with Nick Grundy.
Quote by Ez0ph
I think AvengedThrice is pretty cool guy, eh raeps kittens to death and doesn't afraid of anything.

He knows me well..
Last edited by AvengedThrice at Sep 17, 2007,
Quote by Darren5591
The judges daughter - Green day

Billie joe isn't crap on guitar!

and listen to one for the razorbacks on kerplunk.
"We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment"

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
Some beethoven sounds delightful, as well.