Page 1 of 2
I know this should be in the relationship thread, but nobody seems to be going in there I waited like 45 minutes waiting for a response before making this thread. So please no flamers.
Quote by BleedDeathMetal
Hey guys, theres a girl who I really like at school and I don't want to mess things up with on the first date. If there is one, I still haven't asked her out yet. What would be a good idea for a first date. The problem with alot of things is that I'm not the most talkative person and don't like to open up to people I know very well. I was thinking movies, but then I don't get to talk at all. I don't want it to be dead silence.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
seriously, take her dinner. but first, ASK HER THE **** OUT! then take her to dinner.
Gear
Epiphone Black Les Paul Standard with gold Grover tuners
Fender Mexican Electric Blue Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider Jam
Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
Boss CS-1 Compression/Sustainer
Quote by Ego Tripping
Dinner, duh.

Yeah, I was thinking that but I am a REALLY bad conversationalist. I wouldn't be able to sit through a whole meal talking. 3/4 of it would be silence.

EDIT: I have to ask her out, but I had wanted to think of something to do first. Like hey, do you want to have diner friday. Not like, hey do you want to do something some day. Aight cool. I'll think of something and get back to you.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
oh, well since your a bad conversationalist, go straight for teh secks. that always works.

you: "hi, wanna ****?"
her: "OK"

done
Quote by Dimebag22
This might just be the smartest guy in The Pit. I didn't believe Ethan when he told me there were smart people in The Pit But I was wrong.

yeah, thats me

member 42 of the Iron Maiden are gods club. PM revelations to join
take out an acoustic and play "to be with me". Tell hear you wrote it. What girl doesn't like having a song written about her?
I actually do have schizophrenia, so stop making fun of people who have it.

GEAR:
Boss ME-50
Silvertone Paul Stanley Apocalypse (modded)
Squier Affinity Strat (modded)
Italia Modulo 2
Fender Front 15G
Quote by BleedDeathMetal
Yeah, I was thinking that but I am a REALLY bad conversationalist.

Then give up now, you're going to be a boring ass date. Don't torture her like that.
Super perfundo on the early eve of your day.
I'd probably talk about Cannibal Corpse and Necrophagist. That's what I'd do with friends.

EDIT: So what would you talk about ego tripping.
Quote by doggy_hat
You're not gonna get anywhere if you can't make conversation! Find out about stuff she likes etc.
And ask her out, if you don't, nothing's ever gonna happen.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
well do you talk to her at all now? you probably shouldnt just go up and ask her to dinner if youve never met her before.
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
Quote by rage6945
well do you talk to her at all now? you probably shouldnt just go up and ask her to dinner if youve never met her before.

Yeah, I know her but not to well. I've talked with her a lot before and after a few classes and we get along pretty well. I'm able to talk, just not for long periods of time.
Quote by doggy_hat
Quote by BleedDeathMetal

EDIT: So what would you talk about ego tripping.

WTF? You don't plan conversation. You feel it out and enjoy the night, talking about whatever comes up and whatever feels right. You don't plan dates and conversations like a Class Schedule.

"Oh, it's 8:35pm...so tell me, how do you feel about the Weather?"

If you don't have any of the same interests or you don't know already how to talk to her, you're going to go down in a blaze of un-glory. Friends first, date second. If you aren't friends with her and can't already talk to her like a friend, it's just going to be an awkward and annoying time for both of you. If you can't talk to a friend for an extended period of time, you definitely can't go on a date with that friend.
Super perfundo on the early eve of your day.
dude, if you dont even think you could talk to this girl, whats realy the point of dating her, honestly
PRS Custom 24
Rivera KnuckleHead 55
Budda SuperDrive 30
Vox AC15C1
Quote by metaldud536
all i can think of for conversation topics, is how mainstream sucks, metal, how Mtv blows, and guitar related things.

Same here.
Quote by doggy_hat
ok...i'm gonna go out and say that dinner is not a good idea...it should be something much more casual than that. taking her out to dinner on the first date could end up being a disaster especially if you're not used to 1 on 1 situations with this girl...movies probably aren't a good idea either as you said there isn't much talking but they are the norm for your age
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
Quote by BleedDeathMetal
Yeah, I was thinking that but I am a REALLY bad conversationalist. I wouldn't be able to sit through a whole meal talking. 3/4 of it would be silence.

EDIT: I have to ask her out, but I had wanted to think of something to do first. Like hey, do you want to have diner friday. Not like, hey do you want to do something some day. Aight cool. I'll think of something and get back to you.

How are you gonna have a relationship with her if you can't talk to her? But you could always make a list of stuff to talk about beforehand
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
wear a toga on your date

theres a conversation starter.
Quote by nebraskan
Sometimes my penis stands up so I rub it and then he gets sick from the rubbing (probably an upset tummy) and throws up ... ...
Quote by metaldud536
Im 18 and ive never had a wet dream. is that normal?
Quote by Våd Hamster
I used to think that girls only had 2 holes

^sex?
Quote by Ego Tripping
WTF? You don't plan conversation. You feel it out and enjoy the night, talking about whatever comes up and whatever feels right. You don't plan dates and conversations like a Class Schedule.

"Oh, it's 8:35pm...so tell me, how do you feel about the Weather?"

If you don't have any of the same interests or you don't know already how to talk to her, you're going to go down in a blaze of un-glory. Friends first, date second. If you aren't friends with her and can't already talk to her like a friend, it's just going to be an awkward and annoying time for both of you. If you can't talk to a friend for an extended period of time, you definitely can't go on a date with that friend.

^ Exactly, if there are no common grounds, it failed from the start. Don't go out just cause shes cute. It will suck.
Quote by RageAgainst...
ok...i'm gonna go out and say that dinner is not a good idea...it should be something much more casual than that. taking her out to dinner on the first date could end up being a disaster especially if you're not used to 1 on 1 situations with this girl...movies probably aren't a good idea either as you said there isn't much talking but they are the norm for your age

There's a pizzaria 10 minutes away from my school. What about asking her to chill after school on day and grab a slice. Then I don't have to talk to much. Only on the walk (I'm fifteen no driving yet ) and while grabbing a slice.
Quote by doggy_hat
Quote by Mr_BTP
oh, well since your a bad conversationalist, go straight for teh secks. that always works.

you: "hi, wanna ****?"
her: "OK"

done

That'll get your ass slapped.
Quote by BleedDeathMetal
There's a pizzaria 10 minutes away from my school. What about asking her to chill after school on day and grab a slice. Then I don't have to talk to much. Only on the walk (I'm fifteen no driving yet ) and while grabbing a slice.
that's a much better idea (imo, of course)

still, you shouldn't be looking for ways to talk to this girl less. if you plan on dating her you should enjoy talking to her...otherwise it's pointless
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill

i feel the dinner is the way to go. But first, learn what she likes. Talk about them. But make sure it is fairly common stuff...not like stalker stuff. NEVER EVER say " so you like doritos"....say "so, do you like doritos"...both horrible....but the latter is the proper way. This way you dont talk about yourself too much. Have fun.
Quote by RageAgainst...
that's a much better idea (imo, of course)

still, you shouldn't be looking for ways to talk to this girl less. if you plan on dating her you should enjoy talking to her...otherwise it's pointless

Yeah I want to get to know her better, but I can only take people a little at a time. (I have the father issues lol). I would rather have a few shorter dates then long ones.

EDIT: I'm going to go with the pizzeria idea. She'd be chill with that. I'll ask her out once I'm ungrounded. Thanks for your help guys.
Quote by doggy_hat
Last edited by BleedDeathMetal at Sep 17, 2007,
yeah im pretty bad in conversation with chick as well, i usually end up talking about guitarst and sounding like a complete nerd (from there perspective)
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
I can't help you out too much, but you said that you aren't very talkative. I recommend finding an interesting place with a good atmosphere, and if you can, a place where she has never been would be great. That could cause some good conversation, and if you and the girl have good chemistry, one conversation will be leading to another.
Quote by BleedDeathMetal
Yeah I want to get to know her better, but I can only take people a little at a time. (I have the father issues lol). I would rather have a few shorter dates then long ones.
well before you ask her out try starting conversations with her. find out what interests her, what kind of music she likes (if she has shit taste in music, stay away ) just get comfortable with her

once you don't feel awkward around her, ask her if she wants to hang out (i wouldn't call it a date when you ask)
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Quote by RageAgainst...
well before you ask her out try starting conversations with her. find out what interests her, what kind of music she likes (if she has shit taste in music, stay away ) just get comfortable with her

once you don't feel awkward around her, ask her if she wants to hang out (i wouldn't call it a date when you ask)

Yeah, I wasn't going to ask her out like that. Just the way you said. But like I said I know her to some level. I wouldn't go so far to call us close friends though. But she likes rap , but she skates so that makes up for it. (and just because she skates doesn't make her hags.)
Quote by doggy_hat
hmmm.. dinner

or one of ur gigs
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Quote by BleedDeathMetal
Yeah, I wasn't going to ask her out like that. Just the way you said. But like I said I know her to some level. I wouldn't go so far to call us close friends though. But she likes rap , but she skates so that makes up for it. (and just because she skates doesn't make her hags.)
so get her into good rap...NWA, Public Enemy, Wu Tang (WUUUUU!!), Rage, and some sage francis
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Quote by RageAgainst...
so get her into good rap...NWA, Public Enemy, Wu Tang (WUUUUU!!), Rage, and some sage francis

I won't settle for rap. Change her as much as I can. Make her into a metalhead like me. (EWWW)
Quote by doggy_hat
Quote by BleedDeathMetal
I won't settle for rap. Change her as much as I can. Make her into a metalhead like me. (EWWW)
i've tried it...the farthest i got was bullet for my valentine ...tweeking what she listens to is possible, completing changing her musical taste is pretty difficult
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Ask her if she wants to hang out with you and a couple of friends on the weekend or something. Tell her she can bring a friend if she wants.

That'll be a good way to break the ice.

No need to thank me.
LOL Rage I hate bullet alot of my friends like them though. I wouldn't try to change someone's taste in music. Maybe show them some stuff, but not pressure them. It's not a big deal to me. What they listen to doesn't affect me.
Quote by doggy_hat
Quote by RageAgainst...

Meh, personally I find that people who only listen to whatever top 40 hip hop songs generally don't listen to music for any reason other than because they think it's funny. They don't care if it's "good", its just the new song, and the funnier and more stereotypical the main repeated lyric is, the better.
Quote by CowboyUp
Meh, personally I find that people who only listen to whatever top 40 hip hop songs generally don't listen to music for any reason other than because they think it's funny. They don't care if it's "good", its just the new song, and the funnier and more stereotypical the main repeated lyric is, the better.
i know but when you present quality music to someone, it's only a matter of time before they begin to appreciate what is good
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Page 1 of 2