Now, I was born in the early 90's. Lately I've noticed I really really love Oldies pop music. How do you think this happened? I mean no one in my family really enjoys it. Like on the bus today, the driver was playing the radio and Lou Christie's "Lightning Strikes" came on and I was like singing it and my friend was like "How do you listen to this ****?". And he's a Green Day fan!

So anyway, does anybody else (who is under 20) enjoy Oldies? I mean like 1950's-1970.
Quote by KileManA7X
Now, I was born in the early 90's. Lately I've noticed I really really love Oldies pop music. How do you think this happened? I mean no one in my family really enjoys it. Like on the bus today, the driver was playing the radio and Lou Christie's "Lightning Strikes" came on and I was like singing it and my friend was like "How do you listen to this ****?". And he's a Green Day fan!

So anyway, does anybody else (who is under 20) enjoy Oldies? I mean like 1950's-1970.
this is better
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELknoJC2WEQ
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
I've found myself obsessed with Johnny B Goode lately.
Strange, because there's not much of Chuck's other work that I like.
Quote by Retro Rocker
I've found myself obsessed with Johnny B Goode lately.
Strange, because there's not much of Chuck's other work that I like.

have you no taste?
epic
i love the oldies. pop songs from the fifties and sixties, and sometimes seventies, are just great fun to sing along to. but now the oldies station is "big hits" and its crap.
Quote by mrmarc772
have you no taste?
epic
I tried to get into Chuck Berry. I watched a documentary about him which made me realize 95% of his music (not lyrics) is the exact same thing, and I also didn't care for his guitar-playing.

And although I do like a few songs by him, that song in the link was the worst song I've heard today.
It depends on the song, but I have nothing against it.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
i ****ing love Frank Sinatra, think he's one of the greatest vocalists of the time.

also, some of my favorite bands are from Jamaica in the 60's
Love **** from way back when.
Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis, Dean Martin, Louis Armstrong, Bobby Darin, even some old Elvis.

Every Christmas I got the Rat Pack playing Xmas songs.
Quote by Hovertruck
You guys are forgetting the most important part of sounding like Alexi.
Yao Yao
yes, i also enjoy newer and older stuff.. people are so closed minded: only listening to a particular genre or only listening to music from a certain time period.

people often dont listen to these genres:
country - even though it (and blues, and jazz) partly lead to what they commonly listen to.
jazz
classical - even though it is really brilliant
well, the list is really endless - people often listen to one genre, and say everything else is horrible
sup?
Quote by Invader Jim
I've heard everything from 300 A.D. to present, and the only genres I DON'T like are rap, country and emo.

you've probably only heard a stereotypical country song.

listen to johnny cash or some alt. country or something.
sup?
I like Pop standards. You know, Frank Sinatra and such.
Member #9 of the Carvin club
Quote by The Madcap
I tried to get into Chuck Berry. I watched a documentary about him which made me realize 95% of his music (not lyrics) is the exact same thing, and I also didn't care for his guitar-playing.

And although I do like a few songs by him, that song in the link was the worst song I've heard today.

utter blasphemy
chuck berry is next to god
Quote by The Madcap

That is true. Hasn't learned a new lick since

But he's Chuck Berry

I like those old R&B groups and 50's groups like The Searchers, The Coasters, Eddie Cochrane, etc.