ALRIGHT UG!

So I've saved up a good amount of money (about 600 usd,) and its time to replace that wretched 15 watt catastrophe. iFINALLY! I have done a lot of reasearch and playing around and this is what I've come up with:

Classic 30
or Palomino V32

The crate looked like it could be more versatile but it only has 1 channel...

I was also looking at a B-52 amp in the price range, but hadn't heard much about it.

Musical influences - soundgarden, smashing pumpkins, RATM, foo fighters, then a little bit of just about everything else (im spread out all across the board.) I also play some pretty light orginal stuff. VERSATILITY!!!

I'm an intermediate player with a decent understanding of gear and such.
Any suggestions are welcome. THANKS. peace.
GEAR

epy lp
palomino v32
marshall guv'nor 2
vox wah

Demetri martin- My computer once beat me at a game of chess, but then I beat it at a game of kickboxing.
in my opinion, the classic 30 is REALLY un-verstatile. I love the palomino, though. That's what I'd buy, anyways. But I don't play your style of music...
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
palomino has my vote
"F*ck off with your sofa units and strine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may." -

Tyler Durden
THE CLASSIC, THE CLASSIC!!!
Get it! You should be able to find one used for 350 or something like that.
It's already a very versatile amp, but with your guvnor and wah, you should be able to do just about anything.

EDIT: Also, I should note, it works lots better with single coil pickups.
Your epi may sound strange through it. But... with single coil pickups, it's a sweet choice under a grand.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Last edited by darkarbiter7 at Sep 17, 2007,
If I get a good deal on my amp any left over money would probably go towards some more pleasent pickups mind you, or I might swap out the speaker. I also didn't really cover my musical influences as well as I could have, but im still looking for versatility. nice cleans and a decent overdrive? and my marshall can take over from there probably.
GEAR

epy lp
palomino v32
marshall guv'nor 2
vox wah

Demetri martin- My computer once beat me at a game of chess, but then I beat it at a game of kickboxing.