Hi, i just bought a Jackson dkmgt. it has an alder body and bolt on neck aswell as emg hz passive pickups. it is a very bright guitar but i am not sure how much of this is down to the pickups. they sound awful! no definition, screechy horrible tone.

Can anybody suggest some fairly hot pickups that could warm up the tone a little. i play a lot of metal. I am not interested in emg actives.

thanks

P.S would some pure nickel strings also help? i currently use rotosound yellows which i think may be nickel plated steel. they are kind of bright sounding to me.
Id say a Duncan '59 set, but i doubt those would beable to do high gain well. Maybe a Vai set, idk the models, but he has his own pickups. PAF pro set would do nicely as well.
Breed set or the Tone Zone/Air Norton combo are always relly good to deppen a bright guitars tone a pretty decent amount.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Ya definitely get dimarzio Evo pickups ( the Vai Signature Set). They work amazing w/ the alder trust me, it will give u killer tone!!
Hey, keep me posted on what you do, I have the same guitar and I hate the HZs that are in there.
Quote by Thrash93
Ya definitely get dimarzio Evo pickups ( the Vai Signature Set). They work amazing w/ the alder trust me, it will give u killer tone!!

No.

He wants to warm up the tone, therefore treble heavy screamers are not the way to go. Go for a set of Breeds, the Tone Zone is bassy, but it's not actually all that "warm" sounding due to the voicing...Breeds are specifically designed to warm up a guitar and they do it very well.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by SuperSnake2012
Hey, keep me posted on what you do, I have the same guitar and I hate the HZs that are in there.

will do