Hey all you UGers. I know this is where to look for my problem that is increasingly pissing me off. I have a Charvel bass. I bought it really cheap so no complaints except that it is VERY top heavy. If i just leave it hanging there the head will hit the ground. What can I possibly do to fix this. Or at least make it less noticeable. Thanks
Quote by killbox2490
HOLY S**T! There is a switch hahahahahha. Thanks Red Wing. Now you're probably going to quote me for being so retarded

CLAPTON IS GOD
Ah, the Charvel bass. Twas my first... so many memories.

Anyway, they're neck-dive city. The only way to fix it is to move one of the strap buttons. I recommend moving the strap button on the the butt a bit closer to you (farther from the input jack). Usually, you move the button on one of the horns, but Charvel horns are quite thin.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Like they said A bigger leather strap is good as it keeps more friction with your shoulder and feels more comfortable and also move the strap button. anybody got an idea for how far he should move it? I'd guess about an inch would do but i'm not sure.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Thanks Guys, any suggestion on how far and how I should do it.
Quote by killbox2490
HOLY S**T! There is a switch hahahahahha. Thanks Red Wing. Now you're probably going to quote me for being so retarded

CLAPTON IS GOD
See, technically, there's no point too high. There's no such thing as 'body heavy', since you'll be resting your bass on your shoulder. Literally try to hold the strap towards the body of your bass at a certain point and see if it balances better. That said, I think 1 or 2 inches at the butt end closer to you will make it better. On the underside of the cutaway might do it too, bit I think the cutaway is too thin and the strings will go right through.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..