Okay, I've narrowed it down to which distortion pedals I wanna buy. The Digitech Grunge Pedal, the Digitech Distortion Factory 7, and the BOSS Heavy Metal. And I can't buy any other ones.

Now I have an Ibanez Artcore AFS75T hollow body guitar, a Peavey Transtube 258 EFX, and I like my distortion to be either extremely dirty, fuzzy, and distorted, or I like it extremely heavy and bassy, nothing in between. I also want to get a percussion like noise out of my palm mutes and decent playing during leads.

I would like opinion before I buy, thank you
The Pit. The Movie.
try out the death metal pedal, or the line six uber-metal.. ive liked thoe

id personaly have to go with distortion fatory thoe
I hate Muff...

I was leaning towards the Distortion factory or the Grunge. I liked both of those.

Unfortunatly the only music store in town doesn't have a very good selection. And I don't like buying online
The Pit. The Movie.
get the metal muff.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Quote by bodomchld4
metal muff
cant go wrong

I tried it and I really didn't like it
The Pit. The Movie.
Quote by -heartbreaker-
have you tried the ones you've selected?

Yes, I've tried them all. Along with a bunch of different Muffs, Danelectros, and a POD system
The Pit. The Movie.
Digitech pedals are aweful

you'd sooner use one of those over a EHX Metal Muff?
i think you should put down your guitar haha
[Member of the Ibanez S Players Club.] Pm striketalonx to join

Ibanez SA1260
Ibanez RGA8 w/DiMarzio PAF8s
Ibanez JS1200CA
Ibanez S470IB w/DiMarzio Tonezone (Bridge)
Laney LC50 Mark II
Boss ME-70
Sorry, but Muff just didn't leave a very good impression on me. A lot of the ones he had in stock were very faulty, and even when they did work they were just way to thin and crunchy for my tastes. Including the Metal Muff

Is that normal or not?
The Pit. The Movie.
Quote by Spay
Sorry, but Muff just didn't leave a very good impression on me. A lot of the ones he had in stock were very faulty, and even when they did work they were just way to thin and crunchy for my tastes. Including the Metal Muff

Is that normal or not?

what amp did you test it with?

Ibanez SA1260
Ibanez JS1200CA
Laney LC50 Mark II
Boss ME-70
Quote by im_atheist
what amp did you test it with?

I have no idea, I couldn't bring my amp into the store so I used one of theirs. It looked fairly decent, although I could be wrong
The Pit. The Movie.
try a proper EHX Metal Muff, whack up the bass and mids on a decent tube amp roll back on the treble. use your neck pickup and roll back on the tone.
should give you a nice bassy fuzz sound

Ibanez SA1260
Ibanez JS1200CA
Laney LC50 Mark II
Boss ME-70
Quote by im_atheist
try a proper EHX Metal Muff, whack up the bass and mids on a decent tube amp roll back on the treble. use your neck pickup and roll back on the tone.
should give you a nice bassy fuzz sound

I'll try that. Perhaps the equipment they have in stock is just really faulty or just the amp, I dunno.

Also, I'm not looking for the bassy fuzz sound. Nirvana tone or Metallica tone, one or the other, nothing in between, and not mixed together
The Pit. The Movie.
oooh, I have it.

Pro CO RAT Turbo.
perfect for you!!!!
now that you mention Metallica and Nirvana....they both used them at some point

the filter knob is perfect for getting thick bassy tones, or crunchy sounds.
REMEMBER. turning the knob the the right CUTS OFF THE TREBLES, making it bassier, and counter clockwise makes it crunchier. some people test it, and say that all they did was get bassy fuzz. because they didnt know what the knob does.
This reminded me of a question my mate asked me the other day..

Death by hanging, electrocution or firing squad.

Moral of this story?

I'm sure somebody will get it

I played a heavy metal last week, and it was bassy and fuzzy, sounded horrible. If those are your only options, go with the DF-7. The grunge probably won't get metallica tones.
Quote by -heartbreaker-
oooh, I have it.

Pro CO RAT Turbo.
perfect for you!!!!
now that you mention Metallica and Nirvana....they both used them at some point

the filter knob is perfect for getting thick bassy tones, or crunchy sounds.
REMEMBER. turning the knob the the right CUTS OFF THE TREBLES, making it bassier, and counter clockwise makes it crunchier. some people test it, and say that all they did was get bassy fuzz. because they didnt know what the knob does.

i got a BYOC Rat on sale. it's got the turbo mode, marshall mode, and clean boost mode. so definitely check it.

soundclips are in my profile too.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard