View poll results: In a band?
Yes
140 52%
No
127 48%
Voters: 267.
Page 1 of 2
Poll coming.
How many of you musicians are actually in bands? If not, why?
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

Hell yea im in a band. btw i think this has been done before...
And if the cloud bursts, thunder in your ear
You shout and no one seems to hear.
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
i'm in two right now

a melodic death metal band and a folk/acoustic band...go figure
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
I'm in three
One Cover
One original
One Jam

They all suck xD
The Pit. The Movie.
I was in a noisecore band but I don't really see the other people in the band much any more because all they do is stay in and get stoned. Apparently we have a gig but I'm probably not in the band anymore.

I may eventually start another band with the lead singer because he doesn't hang out with the other guys either, he is a gangsta rapper now but still loves grindcore and stuff. He's always getting arrested now though so I think he might have a curfew.
Not anymore. I was, and would still be, but I'm going to a college that's 3 and a half hours away from the other members. Have yet to find a band here too.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
My band was actually getting quite decent and really in the groove of playing, then I got a leg injury and couldn't go to the practices.

The band has now fallen apart.

I'm gonna be starting a new one soon though.
Quote by revolutionplz
My band was actually getting quite decent and really in the groove of playing, then I got a leg injury and couldn't go to the practices.

The band has now fallen apart.

I'm gonna be starting a new one soon though.

unless your a drummer why couldnt you go to practices? Just sit down...
your screwed for gigs but at least you still are practicing.
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

bump chicka wump wump
Quote by BigFatSandwich

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

Nope. Just never got the balls to start one, I guess.
METAR KTIK 040043Z COR RMK TORNADO 1W MOV NE. EVACUATING STATION
Not really in a band I'm in a music course and we jam and f*ck about and I have half-formed about 3 bands but none of them are serious
PiT LURK3R

Quote by _Mayday_
Fellow Transformers, it has come to my attention that we have the mighty Megatron in our midst!

Ninja of the Ninja Club
Quote by aprescott_27
Nope. Just never got the balls to start one, I guess.

Cuz its so hard and scary to ask people if they play instruments?
Quote by BigFatSandwich

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

No, because most of the people who play music around here are either emo/scene or are complete druggies. There are probably plenty who don't, but even then it would be hard to find people with similar musical taste to me. Add the fact that I suck at guitar for now, and I can't see myself in a band until college or so.
Well, i'm working on my hardcore/post-hardcore band...
It should be up and running, doing gigs and all by the end of summer...
I'm the vocalist and the guitarist.... Well for most hardcore songs i only do vocals...
nope.

..i dont know very many musicians.

and the ones i know dont appreciate the kind of band i want to make...

Call me Trey.
yes I'm in 4 bands.One of them is a alternative rock, tech metal , viking metal ,and power metal .
Gear
Gibson SG Standard with Emg Pick-ups
Marshall MG50DFX
Digitech Death Metal

I am the Eggman
Last edited by Dudewithanaxe at Sep 17, 2007,
Quote by Mudvayne_LP
nope.

..i dont know very many musicians.

and the ones i know dont appreciate the kind of band i want to make...

That's how I meet my band mates I don't care at the beggining but when we are jamming I slowly begin to put my influences on the style . Muhahahaha
Gear
Gibson SG Standard with Emg Pick-ups
Marshall MG50DFX
Digitech Death Metal

I am the Eggman
I am in a hard rock band and a ska band, i have been in a one off country band and a one off country band before too. oh yeah and an acoustic band that was dumb.
A band of my very own:

Pyknic
i'm in one, but i might quit since our drummer's a homo. the bassist is my best friend, so we'll probably stick together always. if my bassist and i had our way, our band would probably be kind of like metalcore minus the screaming, but my solos are bluesy, and our songs are a bunch of different styles. it's turning into a "Z0MGZ WE R PWN DR3AM THE4T3R" crap metalish band that's really boring and stupid sounding, with lots of keyboard breaks that sound the same and suck. i could go on for a really long time about our drummer, but i won't.
Last edited by frottage at Sep 17, 2007,
Yeah. Sexx Pantherz and I'm starting another one with my girlfriend. The Silent H's. Get ready bitches.
no... NO BASSISTS WITHIN 80 MILES OF WHERE I LIVE
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
No, still need to practice more.
Quote by Wolven
So we decided since all we did was play Mortal Kombat and watched Power Rangers, we could defend ourselves, so we went and grabbed a bunch of crap to bombard the thing with.
No, but i've been in 2 bands. I'm still looking for some more bandmates.

Man, I feel like Chuck Schuldiner...except without the talent
the crazy thing with me is either i smoke the band i wanna jam with guitarists head, or the guy i wanna learn from smokes mine. It was kinda cool, because i went to jam with this really good guy. He starts on Master of Puppets, so im like "Gimme axe please!" so i start to play, which i can usually do MOP at about....89% speed perfectly...but i hit my matrix mode (stories on that later) and did it full speed. Then, the guy was like "You know more of it than i do, that was pretty sweet"

I almost creamed myslef.
My Gear:

Umm....

Please donate to Bighall's Gear fund!

Proud Defender of My Faith!
Member of Christan Guitarists!
Not in a band, well... sort of.

I have a solo electronica project, and when my friend gets done with Air Guard basic training he'll probably be joining me. I don't think I'd enjoy being in a normal "rock band" type of band.
no, i can't seem to find any other metalheads, it seems everybody here is into punk.
I am
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Yep...I'm in a metal band.

...Wow...I just felt my e-peen getting larger for a second there.
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

I'm in a band that plays mostly extreme ends of the music spectrum, but I also have an acoustic solo thing I do for fun. I hate when musicians get close-minded about music
Yep. A funk-oriented jamband.
I simply cannot take this god-awful place anymore. Goodbye to all the good people here. The rest can fuck off.

I'm in a one man band. Just me and my drum machine.
frog_friend and WGP: UG's Kramer brotherhood

Ug's 4th ENGL endorser
Randy Rhoads is god
founder of the "ENGL amps" fanclub. PM me to join
wow i tipped the scales from 50/50 to slightly in favor of no.

i havent been playing long enough to eventhink about being in a band . although eventually i would love to start/join one.
Quote by Dimebag22
This might just be the smartest guy in The Pit. I didn't believe Ethan when he told me there were smart people in The Pit But I was wrong.

yeah, thats me

member 42 of the Iron Maiden are gods club. PM revelations to join
Page 1 of 2