Yeah I'm putting together a two piece band, and I'd like to see which other artists are out there with only a guitarist and drummer.

I really like the minimalist sound of these two bands, who else would I like?
I can't really think of any others...to be honest, I don't like that minimalist sound. Without bass, it just sounds empty. But that's a bassist's opinion.
The.
yeah, at least go with a bass, or maybe keys

DUDE! cello would be awesome
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
Umm, well we got The Nightwatchman, John Frusciante circa Niandra LaDes, and that's about all I can think of right now.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Bang Lime, Death From Above 1979... though I don't know if you'd be into those two bands.

Actually, Death From Above 1979 is a bassist and a drummer... and they do use some synths. But there ARE only two guys. Or were.
we know a place no spaceships go
The Kills definitely. A male/female twopiece, closer in sound to The Black Keys than the The White Stripes. Take a listen to Keep On Your Mean side.

Also check out The Gossip. They're a 3 piece but have that really paired down rock sound. Remind me a lot of Blondie.
Thanks for all the replies. I'll check em out.

Actually I do listen to DFA, they're pretty good.

Nice avatar Tenacious.
Shy Child is a keyboard (keytar) and drums, but you probably won't like.
It's gonna be a blue day
Ooh. And there's also Smoosh. But they're more pop... and they're two girls (little girls), one on keys and the other on drums.
we know a place no spaceships go
Quote by perry589
Shy Child is a keyboard (keytar) and drums, but you probably won't like.

Awesome band, definitely worthwhile checking out.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Here's a few more 2-piece bands:
The New Rags (Keyboard/Drummer)
Lightning Bolt (Bassist/Drummer)
Death From Above 1979 (Guitarist/Drummer)
Tenacious D (Hell's Yeah)
Ratatat (Guitarist/Bassist and a drum machine)
Quote by AluminumOxide
Cobain killed himself before he learned to play guitar.

Gibson SG Special
Schecter C1-Plus
yeah i can't stand it when theres no bass.. makes my ears hurt.

only way it might work is acoustic guitar/ hand drums. if you're playing plugged it no matter what it sounds too incomplete.
Quote by Kimby
Actually, Death From Above 1979 is a bassist and a drummer... and they do use some synths. But there ARE only two guys. Or were.

Man, I loved that band! I forgot to mention them. Too bad they broke up. Do you know if there's any future for either dude?
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Quote by Kartman
Man, I loved that band! I forgot to mention them. Too bad they broke up. Do you know if there's any future for either dude?

well Jesse Keeler is one half of MSTRKRFT so you might want to check that out