I can get my hands on 1 for free!!!(bitches) How much is one in good condition worth?
Everything is original except for the presence knob.
The clock strikes midnight
When tomorrow and today collide
The moon is at its highest
And the twilight seems fitting
For in these moments
The light at the end of the world
Shines like a thousand suns....

Victor Gutierrez
No idea on an exact dollar rate, but I'd expect '83lespaulstudio to know. He's good with these kinds of things. I would imagine a great bit though, you're a lucky guy!
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
ok, the Fender Bassman of that year came in two configurations, what is the set up for the one you have a question about? how many, and what size of speakers does it have?, and how many inputs does it have. the Bassman is famous as a guitar amp.
for the "real deal" '57 Bassman that came with 4x10's, tweed cover, and either two inputs, '55-'57, and four inputs, '57-'58, the best examples are in the $7000 range.
the 12" speakers didn't arrive until 1961. if it's real, you can find an original matching knob, to replace the odd one. that price is for brandnew looking, but even a fair condition model might bring $2500 to $3000. you are probaby going to have to invest in some period original tubes. they are available, but not cheap. if it we're mine i would get it back to as close to original as possible. and then be shopping for my new Mesa Boogie bass amp. good luck!
wasn't '57 a super BOMB year for fender? strats are famous for '57. '57 Teles are good too. i believe Bassmans are '57 biggie too.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Its a tweed covering with a wheat grille cloth. It is a head/cab with a 212 and 4 inputs. looks like this...http://www.ggjaguar.com/63bman.jpg. what year did they start making them like in the pic?
For in these moments

Victor Gutierrez
Take a look at the link. It says "63bman" in the URL. I'm guessing it means it's a 1963 bassman amp.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
there is this guy selling his fender 135 bassman from the 70s for 600 dollars, is it a good deal?

here are some pics

The guy told me it was a '57. But all the 57s are combos and the one in my case is head cab. When did they start making them head/cab?
For in these moments

Victor Gutierrez
Quote by xplosive_wonton
there is this guy selling his fender 135 bassman from the 70s for 600 dollars, is it a good deal?

it's not polite to de-rail another thread, you should start your own next time. this time, i will tell you no, it's not a good deal. they were late 70's, early 80's models with a short series run, maybe $250 or so.

Quote by bassburton
The guy told me it was a '57. But all the 57s are combos and the one in my case is head cab. When did they start making them head/cab?

the one in the picture is not a tweed covering, thats white/blonde tolex. tweed is cloth, tolex is more plastic feeling but tougher. the cabinet shown could be a blond tolex from '61 to '63, worth around $700. the head could be several models in the early to mid '60's, but might be worth $500 to $1000, depending on the actual model.
good luck.
Last edited by 83lespaulstudio at Sep 18, 2007,
The only thing it says is "Bassman Amp". I never checked the serial number. Anything else that can point to the year it was made.
What can I get for Head and cab in good condition?
For in these moments

Victor Gutierrez
Last edited by bassburton at Sep 18, 2007,
Do you plan on selling it? In my opinion, if it was indeed a '57 "combo" with 4 10's, it would make a better sale than an actual guitar amp. They're worth a tonne and leave a lot to be desired in terms of modern bass amps. As guitar amps, however, they are totally different.
This one is a Brownface Bassman from 1961-1963. While still quite 'vintage sounding', it might hold up better for a guitar than the tweed ones. This one might not be 'worth selling' per se: it's practical value might outweigh it's financial value.

EDIT: http://www.ampwares.com/ffg/bassman_blonde_6G6-A.html

That site should answer all questions. It's a 62-64 Bassman. If the control panel is brown, it's a 62 or 63. If it's black, it's a 63 or 64.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Last edited by thefitz at Sep 18, 2007,
How much would I be able to get for it?
I play thrash metal so it would not be very paractical for me. It is a great sounding amp though.
For in these moments

Victor Gutierrez
Last edited by bassburton at Sep 19, 2007,