is there any way i can tell which im better at? like something i can play from both?
Well do you like playing solos or riffs and chords?

There really doesn't have to be a definitive difference between the two.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
why do you need to know which you're better at? and the answer is probably rhythm, since most rhythm parts are ten times easier than the corresponding lead part.
Try learning both the rhythm and lead parts from a song you like. See what you enjoy playing the most. But you really should learn to play both rhythm and lead, as learning one will give you greater understanding of the other.
lead is so fun, but rhythem hold it together. its like a burger
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
i'm better at lead, even though i hate soloing. i own at soloing, but i feel like im hogging the attention. but i'm better at lead cause i can play and sing at the same time.
Not all rythm is easy theres a few songs that have harder rythm than solo. IMO i believe the rythm in sultan of swing is harder than the solo. that and Couldn't stand the weather but thats my thoughts... A good choppy rythm is rather fun to play.
imo lead is harder, rhythm is a lot of little riffs with some pretty tough chords here and there. Lead is a constant scatter of notes, which often times requires alternate picking, which I have major trouble with.

Most people choose rhythm over lead, only because it's easier, not because they want to.

I personally like rhythm better though.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Quote by mick13
is there any way i can tell which im better at? like something i can play from both?
...A rhythm part and a lead part...?
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
both.

if you don't have any rhythm, then I can't imagine the leads being decent. But other than that playing either or has its big moments such as...

Rhythm if you aren't rock solid at it, then a song can lose all of its momentum.
Lead all ears on you for your solos, so you gotta be good at keeping the solo within the purpose of the song or else people will think you're just showing off.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Rhythm is easier, and you get to think up catchy chord progressions and things off the top of your head, just think john lennon.

Lead is a little harder, but it can be a more rewarding experience than rhythm
I don't even shred
I love playing rythym. Playing rythym isnt as hard as like sweeps, but not all rythym parts are "ten times easier than lead." Just cause its a solo doesnt make it hard. Theres some metal riffage that is so fast and well written that it takes days just to master one rythym section. Also: People like playing lead because they get more attention. Simple as that. I have fun playing rythym , and I hold it down as well. You need a good rythm player to have a good solo.
My Gear

ESP/Ltd EC-1000 w/EMG 81/60
ESP/Ltd H-500 w/ JB/59 Duncans
Fender MIM Strat w/ Hot rail in Bridge

Traynor Custom Valve 80watt 4x10