The amp kit parts have been SOLD!

I thought I was going to get in to building guitar amps but 3 months later and these parts haven't even been unwrapped from shipping. This is pretty much a complete small parts kit. All you need to complete the kit is some faceplates, transformers, speaker(s) & cab. Please click this link to open an Excel file that shows the included parts I purchased from Mouser and TurretBoards: http://www.jimdearanddarling.com/jason/18wattparts.xls. Also included will be a 20"x6"x2.5", .080" thick, bent aluminum blank chassis that I purchased from eBay seller coastlineamps (you can still see the auction I won here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250137227038).

Mouser parts:

TurretBoards.com parts:

Chassis:

Total I paid for all these parts *without* shipping was $227.88 USD. I would like to sell all of these parts for $180 shipped in the USA. I strongly prefer PayPal and will only ship to the USA.

Since I haven't been on these forums long, please check out my eBay account:

eBay (134 feedbacks, 100% positive): http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=halusha
Last edited by halusha at Sep 18, 2007,
what kind of JJ tubes? if they're EL84s, can i get the model number and the pics of inside the box? thanks
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
I have a matched EL84 set, sticker says "EL 84" on top of the JJ box. I have two ECC 83 S preamp tubes, and an EZ 81 rectifier tube as well. All new in box JJ tubes. Here are some pics:

Let me know if you have more questions!
i want to consider the matched pair of JJ EL84s. how much would u say shipping would be to lets say Pasadena, CA with zip code of 91105?

do u take paypal?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
I'm not ready to split up the whole lot yet. As it is, it is a fairly complete amp kit for someone looking to build an 18-watt amp, and I would much prefer to sell the whole lot for $180 shipped. I'll let you know if I decide to split it up.
Quote by jim_root4
what would this sound like when completed? any way to make it a gainiac?

Check out the "18 Watt Lite II" clips here: http://www.silvatone.bravepages.com/Sounds.htm

I ordered all the parts based on the Silvatone layout and parts list available at that site. That site also has a very good walkthrough, parts list, schematics, and cabinet wood cut list for this amp.
did u get a rectifier tube? or the rectifier?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
you've peeked my interests. Let me see where im at financialy at the end of the week, and if im in the black ill be all over that. Also is there any trade options to lower that price?
i guess it's pretty much a copy of a Marshall 18watt. there's a lot of these. but they're all like $200 + shipping up to $100...

i still want the tubes tho.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
did u get a rectifier tube? or the rectifier?

I got the rectifier tube, in the pic above it is the big one to the left of the two EL84 tubes. It's an EZ81 JJ rectifier tube.
Quote by jim_root4
you've peeked my interests. Let me see where im at financialy at the end of the week, and if im in the black ill be all over that. Also is there any trade options to lower that price?

Sorry, I'm not interested in trades right now, need the cash.
Quote by ECistheBest
i guess it's pretty much a copy of a Marshall 18watt. there's a lot of these. but they're all like $200 + shipping up to $100...

i still want the tubes tho.

Yeah, like I said in my original post, I spent $227 + shipping, I think around $250 total on these parts, so I think that $180 shipped is a steal. It still needs faceplates, speaker(s), a cabinet, and transformers. I'd recommend the 18-watt transformer set from GDS Amps, but there are other options available there too. All of these parts are brand new.