All of a sudden my cube is humming when i plug my lead in, if i move the guitar away sometimes it lessens. Any ideas what it could be?
could be the lead. could be a loose guitar output jack. you need to wiggle to see.

be warned if the jack is loose then dont just hand tighten it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
What guitar do you have?

Have you moved it into a new room or have brought new electronics into the room?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
no nothing new, has been working fine. i will try looking at the output jack, is there anyway to test if its the amp or guitar?

what if i plug a 3.5mm stereo to 6.5mm into the input with a pc or mp3 player and see if it hums?
^^ FUA:might be the lack of a 3 prong plug. heard the new x series has some hum issues.
but i dont know cause he said the thing about moving the guitar.

^ just see if the jack is loose. and wiggle the cable, see if it cuts out. then repost.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by jj1565
^^ FUA:might be the lack of a 3 prong plug. heard the new x series has some hum issues.
but i dont know cause he said the thing about moving the guitar.

They aren't grounded?

That's weird.

TS, check the jack like Jenny says .
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
no jack is fine, no cutting in and out. i had that prob with my last ibanez.

would it hurt the amp to try what i said with the mp3 player or notebook?
when i move my guitar around the room it lessens, its almost like feedback but in a not so nice way. even on clean it hums.
what type of pickups in ur guitar?

your cube's plug is a 2 prong right?

you might need an adapter, or to shield ur guitar.

try moving the amp to a different room.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

hi jen

just crap strat copy pups. i think they are the problem as the hum only occurs when i have the selector on 1 or 5. the magnets might have come loose. will open it up and have a look.
It probably isn't shielded?

If it isn't, you can do it yourself.
Quote by utsapp89
It just started doing this recently?

sounds like a ground opening..could be a bad solder joint.
Open up the cube and your guitar and check the ground wire on both.

The Cube amps are only 2 prong cords.
well the fact that the cube amps are two prong probably doesnt help.

and 2 and 4 spots on a strat selector, are the one where you have 2 single coils on at once. so with 60 cycle hum, those are the positions that give you the least hum.

shielding it will help a lot.

and if it stops when you touch metal on the guitar then it's a ground.

a new cable might also cut down on hum.

in addition to plugging into a new room like i think i suggested up there somewhere.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62