Page 1 of 2
I'd enjoy going to see them with a few friends, cause that atmosphere is just cool to hang out in, but I don't think I would see them by myself, (unless I didn't have anything to do, and it would be easy to just go to their show). Not bad, but not really my cup-a-tea....
We're playing with them here in Nashville on Oct. 9th. Great band.
He who acts, conquers.Nashvillepunk.org

I'm old, I'm tired, and I have acid reflux. So don't mess with me.
Last edited by TN_BOOTBOY at Sep 19, 2007,
I didn't think it was very good.

What's the point of calling yourself a Psychobilly band if you just play sh*tty hardcore on a double bass?

or am I just missing the point?
I heard one song by them that was pretty good, thought about picking up an album. My friend told me they were pretty boring and cliche though, and I haven't really thought about them since.

Maybe I'll steal one from her.
DOWN&OUT
Quote by BrianApocalypse

What's the point of calling yourself a Psychobilly band if you just play sh*tty hardcore on a double bass?

are you baseing your opinion off that video.

at the show i was at, the bassist did tons of little tricks and ****. he had a good bass solo too. i like them for the fact that they play fast hardcore punkish stuff with a psychobilly twist.
I enjoy them.

I've been in a real psychobilly mood lately. Don't know why.
Cory is a girl's name too.

myspace.com/corysmash

aim me at corysmash196
Quote by BrianApocalypse

I think you're missing that they don't really play hardcore. They may have hardcore influences but as far as i can tell they play psychobilly and thats all they really played last time i saw them. Listen to the album Inhumane and tell me its sh*tty hardcore...
I love me my Koffin' Kats.. V8 Nightmare has to be one of their best
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
i couldnt hear the guitar really so its kinda hard to tell. but it looks like a fun show to go to. Theyre probably pretty good.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mys9LNCEGZc&feature=related

thats much better. i like them, they sound kinda like old misfits, which is great in my book. hope they come my way. (i live in CT)
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Can you be a punk/ska/psychobilly band from Detroit and NOT have hardcore influences?

In short, no.
-Squire '51 Strat
-Turser SG w/ P-90s
-Vox Valvetronix AD100 head
-Marshall MG412
-Simon Hollowbody (for sale $200)

They get the job done.

Good Traders:
-SomniferousEyes
Has anyone heard the new album Drunk in the Daylight yet? I ordered a copy and I can't freaking wait til it comes.

EDIT:
EDIT2: I guess no one else has I got it like last week and it's an awesome CD. Not a single bad song on the album imo. I got a nifty autographed poster with it too
Last edited by ProfessorJim at Jul 27, 2008,
So anyone know of any bands similar to these guys? I've already been through a massive onslaught of psychobilly bands but nothing seems to carry the same kind of energy that Koffin Kats does. I guess Mad Sin come kind of close. Suggestions?
You Might like this band: ZombillyZ - http://www.myspace.com/zombillyz

Maybe not the same king of 'energy' you're looking for and are probably among the bands you've already listened to, but I still think they're good :
King Kurt - www.myspace.com/alcoholicrat
Demented Are Go! - www.myspace.com/realdementedarego
Guana Batz - http://www.myspace.com/guanabatz
and definitely the Meteors
I like these guys a lot. I have seen them a few times and they put on a great show.
Best part was when the singer ( I forget his name at the moment--Tommy?) cuts his head open and he was sweating and bleeding while playing/singing.

They have a cool sound
saw these guys a couple weeks back and it was a great show. got to meet the members and the dudes were nice enough to sign a vinyl for me b twas awesome when i was in the front of the stage at gilman and i started headbanging and the bassist and guitarplayer joined in with me. wish someone got a video or a picture of that though
Dick+strings= owww
Koffin Kats are one of my favorite bands that are still relatively active. They and the Nekromantix are both great, even if it is hard to tell them apart at times....
these guys live shows are awesome. SO much fun to watch. They do some really cool things with the double bass (like play it behind his head). It's been a while since ive seen them and can't really remember much of their music, but I had so much fun at that show.
indeed they do when i saw em a couple weeks ago it was cool to watch them switch off their instruments by holding it behind their heads and start rocking out
Dick+strings= owww
I pop them in from time to time but i have the same complaints with them as i had with Tiger Army 1, its not supossed to be hardcore with and upright, but with that being said and the current influx of shitty psychobilly bands ( i thank hell cat for the exposure if the genre with mostly shitty bands minus the Nekromantix of course!) they are one of the more enjoyable newer bands, Graveyard Tree II is awesome
Quote by nashawa
You're my idol, so I must destroy you
The fact that you bitch about shitty psychobilly bands but like the Nekromantix is pretty hilarious.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
i actully love psychobilly, im just saying that there are alot of really shitty newer bands.
Quote by nashawa
I think you are completely missing what I am saying and that makes this even funnier.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
I got ya, your knocking the Nekromantix, which is fine. I think compared to Tiger Army, The Creepshow, HorrorPops and Koffin Kats they are much better and closer to the original psychobilly sound then any other of the mentioned bands. if I'm still missing the point please feel free to continue laugh.
Quote by nashawa
As far as Psychobilly goes, The Meteors are THE definitive psychobilly band. After that its Madsin and Demented Are Go. Elvis Hitler comes in a little behind them. All these others, especially Horror Pops, don't even come close.
He who acts, conquers.Nashvillepunk.org

I'm old, I'm tired, and I have acid reflux. So don't mess with me.
Well that's what I was saying, abet explained a lot better. Though I consider the Cramps the difinitive band but that's just me
Quote by nashawa
I have kind of a love/hate thing for Psychobilly (and this is for sure a very subjective opinion). I love The Meteors but seriously dislike most of the rest of the bands.

I'm mainly a "straight" rockabilly fan, and when i read somewhere that there was something called "Psychobilly" which combined rockabilly with b-movie horror themes with a bit more agressive sound, i thought it was the greatest idea ever, and couldn't wait to start listening to some bands, i was expecting something like the Stray Cats counterparts from an evil parallel universe...

But then i got around to listening to some of the bands (namely cwhat comes up with a "Psychobilly" search on YouTube) and... only The Meteors and maybe Batmobile were what i expected. The rest were basically hardcore/punkish bands with an upright bass and a rockabilly sounding riff every once in a while, or pop-punk/goth-ish crap with even less rockabilly in them (stuff like The Creepshow, HorrorPops). Or bands that (according to my tastes) simply and utterly blow, like Tiger Army. In my opinion, there is simply way too much hardcore/punk/pop in them, and way too little good old rockabilly. As for the Koffin Kats, i don't like them for that very same reason.

Basically only The Meteors came close to what i had in my head the first time i came across the word "Psychobilly".

There's actually a pretty unknown one-man-band called "Dead Elvis & And His One Man Grave" that doesn't bill itself as psychobilly but comes a lot closer to my own idea of psychobilly.

</unsolicited rant>
Meteors are great! Check out old cramps (though they don't use an upright) their often credited with starting the genre and in my opinion are the best psycho band
Quote by nashawa
Meteors are great! Check out old cramps (though they don't use an upright) their often credited with starting the genre and in my opinion are the best psycho band
Quote by nashawa
I like a few of their songs, especially "Smallblock & Flathead." I can't say they're true psychobilly, but they have some good songs nonetheless.
Nekromantix are in my opinion the only good psychobilly band that doesn't seem to have any rockabilly influence. The Meteors have some really good early stuff but their live shows are horrible. When I went to see them I though it would be amazing but they are probably the worst band I have seen live.
You listen to rock, your ass is goin to HELL! You listen to country western music, read your bible, you saved, your soul is saved.
meh, the Nekromantix is probably one of the more bland bands i've heard :|
Dick+strings= owww
How can you say the creepshow aren't psychobilly? Gees, why would someone go on a koffin kats thread just to say they're weak in comparison, really silly.

Koffin Kats are pretty cool, last.fm keeps recommending them to me and i'm going to try and grab some studio work by them.
I may not have a brain, gentlemen, but I have an idea...
Quote by Red-Rockabilly
Nekromantix are in my opinion the only good psychobilly band that doesn't seem to have any rockabilly influence. The Meteors have some really good early stuff but their live shows are horrible. When I went to see them I though it would be amazing but they are probably the worst band I have seen live.

Were The Meteors horrible live in what way?

I'll see them live for the first time on May 29th. I love some of their stuff, but to be honest i'm a bit skeptical as to wether P. Fenech can play live what he plays on the records and sing at the same time. On some of the videos on YouTube you can see that he plays simplified versions of some riffs live.

So i'm a bit afraid they might suck live... i hope they don't disappoint. Anybody else been to a Meteors concert?
Quote by Mr Pringle
How can you say the creepshow aren't psychobilly? Gees, why would someone go on a koffin kats thread just to say they're weak in comparison, really silly.

Koffin Kats are pretty cool, last.fm keeps recommending them to me and i'm going to try and grab some studio work by them.

Nowhere did I say they were weak, I said I enjoyed them but they have a little bit too. Much hardcore in them. And the creepshow suck
Quote by nashawa
Quote by carlosesteban
Were The Meteors horrible live in what way?

It just didn't sound like the Meteors to me. They sounded like any other crappy psychobilly. You might stiill like them. I was probably the only one that was having a bad time.
You listen to rock, your ass is goin to HELL! You listen to country western music, read your bible, you saved, your soul is saved.
Quote by askingforit176
Nowhere did I say they were weak, I said I enjoyed them but they have a little bit too. Much hardcore in them. And the creepshow suck

Okay, fine. Everyone is entiled to their own opinion, i'm not going to try slander yours.
I may not have a brain, gentlemen, but I have an idea...
Page 1 of 2