Quote by xXWylde_ManXx
Line 6 is crap in comparison.....we already know that...but that amp was sick....crazy crunch...

talkin about the new valve one out in a few weeks
Quote by xXWylde_ManXx
ohh...sorry. I don't know about that one then....Do they make tube amps?

in 2 wks
That is the exact tone I am after! But I supose this amp will cost insane amounts of money regardless, right?
its £820 odd but you have to buy the modules seperately atr £150. You get modules from mesa to bognor to blackface to 'evh'
what are these like, they seem a bit gimiky to me

and i'm not convinced about the fact that normally a preamp is a big piece of equipment and its being replaced by something the size of your hand practically

overall a bit sceptical till someone proves me wrong
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ran Custom Invader

Maxon OD9 Pro+
ISP Decimator
Diago Powerstation

Marshall TSL60
Marshall 1960A cab

www.myspace.com/samtewari
Quote by samtewari
what are these like, they seem a bit gimiky to me

and i'm not convinced about the fact that normally a preamp is a big piece of equipment and its being replaced by something the size of your hand practically

overall a bit sceptical till someone proves me wrong

definatly top 5 dumbest post of the year...plus you have a tsl..need i say more!

anyone tried one of the randalls
Quote by Gwizz
definatly top 5 dumbest post of the year...plus you have a tsl..need i say more!

anyone tried one of the randalls

it just seems too good to be true
besides i'm gonna trade in and get an engl powerball
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ran Custom Invader

Maxon OD9 Pro+
ISP Decimator
Diago Powerstation

Marshall TSL60
Marshall 1960A cab

Quote by samtewari
it just seems too good to be true
besides i'm gonna trade in and get an engl powerball

too compressed, too bright, not good classic gain tones. better off with the blackmore. lots of shifts in tesco to pay for that mate
That Randall is ridiculously overpriced here in the UK.
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by MESAexplorer
I would rather have a Line 6 Vetta or HD-147

definately prefer either over your f-50. they suck
Last edited by Gwizz at Sep 18, 2007,
Quote by Axeman99
That Randall is ridiculously overpriced here in the UK.

as compared to?. Engl at the same price you are getting 2 channels shared eq. this gives you 3 module options from bognor to mesa..the mesa sounds BETTER than a dual recto.
Quote by Gwizz
too compressed, too bright, not good classic gain tones. better off with the blackmore. lots of shifts in tesco to pay for that mate

can you still get the modern tones out of the blackmore?

there aren't as many buttons too press though haha
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ran Custom Invader

Maxon OD9 Pro+
ISP Decimator
Diago Powerstation

Marshall TSL60
Marshall 1960A cab

Quote by Gwizz
definately prefer either over your f-50. they suck

Stop being such an ass to everyone and shoving your opinion down their throats. Anytime anyone posts their opinion you jump on it and try to prove them wrong, your an ass.

EDIT: to stay on topic, I thought that amp sounded pretty lame anyways.
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
Last edited by omarrodrigez at Sep 19, 2007,
Quote by omarrodrigez
Stop being such an ass to everyone and shoving your opinion down their throats. Anytime anyone posts their opinion you jump on it and try to prove them wrong, your an ass.

EDIT: to stay on topic, I thought that amp sounded pretty lame anyways.

*reportado*

si comprende?

'I have a 4501 Combo with 5881's, it sounds pretty good'

you dont even have a valid opinion so go away and enjoy your warning
Last edited by Gwizz at Sep 19, 2007,
lol, just an observation, but you're probably the one that's going to wind up with the warning bro. Do you already own this amp or something?

If you are that enamored with the RM, and don't already own it, look into Egnater amps. Their modules and amps are generally considered superior to the Randall.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Erock503
lol, just an observation, but you're probably the one that's going to wind up with the warning bro. Do you already own this amp or something?

If you are that enamored with the RM, and don't already own it, look into Egnater amps. Their modules and amps are generally considered superior to the Randall.

i never flamed anyone so he will get the warning

egnater created the amp

im in the uk so i cant get my hands on one..considering you can get a bognor mesa and blackface module setup for £450 plus the amp for £850
Quote by Gwizz
*reportado*

si comprende?

'I have a 4501 Combo with 5881's, it sounds pretty good'

you dont even have a valid opinion so go away and enjoy your warning

This must be a joke account/topic. And what is wrong with a JCM900? I also have a Recto-verb 50 combo, you have problems with that too? you're the one being the jerk.
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
Quote by omarrodrigez
This must be a joke account/topic. And what is wrong with a JCM900? I also have a Recto-verb 50 combo, you have problems with that too? you're the one being the jerk.

*reported* 2
Quote by Gwizz
as compared to?. Engl at the same price you are getting 2 channels shared eq. this gives you 3 module options from bognor to mesa..the mesa sounds BETTER than a dual recto.

Randall RM50B on an American site for $999 (~£500):
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Randall-RM50B-50Watt-1x12-Modular-Tube-Combo-Amp?sku=481256

Randall RM50B on an English site for £950 (~$1900)
http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/page/shop/flypage/product_id/22481

Thats what I mean by overpriced. The modules are the same, $200 in America for the XTC, £150 ($300) for the same one in the UK.

Definitely not a good option for anyone in the UK, much better amps available for the price.
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
I was ab out to buy this exact same amp, but I decided on a classic 50 instead.
I found one like this for cheap (450 USD), and it looked good, until I plugged it in.
The distortion is cool, high gain, but when I dialed down the gain, I thought I could get some versatility in terms of getting a classic rock sound, but it turns out dialing down the gain on this amp just makes it suck. The clean channel made me vomit also.
This amp is a one trick pony, and if you just do metal, it's a good amp. But if you want to play classic rock, blues, anything other than metal, forget it.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by Gwizz
*reported* 2

You know, people in this thread are only trying to help you, you're just too much of a retard to understand that. If you're just gonna keep reporting people, and insulting them when they try to help you, then why make this thread? Cos you know more than everyone else on this forum, don't you? And nice amp, twatface.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by rhcp_freak
You know, people in this thread are only trying to help you, you're just too much of a retard to understand that. If you're just gonna keep reporting people, and insulting them when they try to help you, then why make this thread? Cos you know more than everyone else on this forum, don't you? And nice amp, twatface.

Agreed x120490
rhcp_freak, you are teh pwn
But seriously, threadstarter, the tone was alright, had "balls" I admit. Any soundclips of it in clean mode?
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
um, this thread is done.

Gwizz if you cant learn to get along with people who may not share the same opinion as you, you arent going to last long here.