Yeah, it would be worth it.

Those are some of the best beginner guitars.

You could get the F200 and get some humbucker sized P90s to save some cash.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Sweet. I was checking out some brands I'd never really payed attention to to hopefully get a deal somewhere, or come across what that other guy found; That really sweet glossy black squire with that sweet mirrored/speckled pick guard the other day.

How would you rank something like this against a low-end ESP like a Viper-100FM?
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Quote by Ishiga
Sweet. I was checking out some brands I'd never really payed attention to to hopefully get a deal somewhere, or come across what that other guy found; That really sweet glossy black squire with that sweet mirrored/speckled pick guard the other day.

How would you rank something like this against a low-end ESP like a Viper-100FM?

Hagstrom on top by far
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Sweet. :] Thanks. I'll have to try it out.

If I don't like it I'll just fake/sabotage a manufacturers defect and return it.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Personally, I still question why a company like Hagstrom hasn't received the attention that so many others have........oh wait, I know, they don't come stock with EMG's.

Anyway...I've been nothing but impressed with Hagstrom's products and am very much looking forward to trying some of the new guitars they've put out.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Hagstroms are awesome.They are probably obne of the better guitars in thier price range. The neck is super fast and sturdy.I have been saving to get one of the f200p for a bit now.Although I think I will try to order one with a hardtail bridge just cause I never use a whammy bar.
The old guitar player for the Foo Fighters (I think is name is Pat Smears) uses them almost exclusively and if you look at Elvis' 68 comeback special, the red semi hollowbody he is playing is a Hagstrom.Buy it and leave the pick ups alone they are pretty good as is.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09
actually no. pat smears has basically changed everything on the guitar. he has put Gibson electronics and hardware inside. he has got a few other hagstroms but the one i like most is the swede he has cut out to the shape on this one.
Big Hagstrom fan, but I would say that the Ultralux series would be better. I didn't like the 200P very much, found them to be very cheap, and have a thick clear coat on them.

I found the XL-5 to be better, and I've seen similar prices on them sometimes, though it's a 25.5 scale. If I'm looking for that type of guitar in that price range, then its the Ultra Swede, no contest. They sometimes show up pretty reasonable in price, and have the best colours of all the basic Hags.