I heard a chick say it was Flea the invented the Slap pop style but i doubt it he just uses it a lot so who really invented it
Go slap that chick for me. Flea is nowhere close to the first slapper.
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
Larry Graham.

/thread
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
In a way both of you are correct.

Slap bass started on upright. It was used in Jazz and rockabilly and while it has the same percussive quality as the style used on electric bass, its a slightly different technique, using the fingers as the percussive slap and pop rather than the thumb.

Larry Graham was the one who is generally credited with what we know as the modern slap technique using the thumb and pop style that was copied by the early funk bands that came out of the Oakland / Bay area in the early 1970s and went on from there to become a standard technique in many bass players bag of tricks.
Quote by anarkee

Slap bass started on upright. It was used in Jazz and rockabilly and while it has the same percussive quality as the style used on electric bass, its a slightly different technique, using the fingers as the percussive slap and pop rather than the thumb.

Larry Graham was the one who is generally credited with what we know as the modern slap technique using the thumb and pop style that was copied by the early funk bands that came out of the Oakland / Bay area in the early 1970s and went on from there to become a standard technique in many bass players bag of tricks.

100% correct.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
Quote by anarkee

This is why everybody loves you!
Anarkee FTW. I think she'd make a good mod, but that's another issue. She nailed it on this one, TS. I'd listen to her.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.